MK Dons (A) - 25 Mar 14

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

MK Dons (A) - 25 Mar 14

Postby Garawa » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:19 pm

After 4 wins and 2 draws from their opening 6 home league games, MK Dons then won 4 and lost 6 of their subsequent 12 (just the 1 win coming from their last 5).

MK Dons sit 4th from bottom in the home form table (after the last 4 games) but sit 5th from top in the overall league form table (last 6 games).

The Dons have drawn 1 and lost the last 2 of their 3 most recent home games, failing to score in all of them. They have also failed to score in 5 of their last 7 home games and also in 8 of their last 16 league matches!

MK Dons have had the most shots at goal in the league (180 on target and 327 off target) and have already had 38 more shots off target than for the whole of last season in total (with 8 matches still to play).

MK Dons have had 10 league clean sheets and 10 league blanks sheets whilst the Gills have had 5 clean sheets and 8 blank sheets this season.

Last season the Dons scored 35 first half goals (the most in League 1) and conceded 20 second half goals (the fewest in League 1). So far this season, only 3 League 1 teams have scored more first half goals than MK Dons but 9 sides have conceded fewer 2nd half ones.

Before tonight MK Dons had identical home and away records of scored 28 and conceded 26.

Despite missing the last 16 matches due to his loan spell ending, Patrick Bamford remains the clubs top scorer with 17 goals in 30 appearances.

Shaun Williams has scored 10 goals for MK Dons this season but from only 12 shots on target.

Along with Port Vale, Dons have been involved in 6 matches that ended 3-2 this season. The Gills have had 4 (one of those with the Dons), the total of the last 3 seasons combined.

An average of 899 away fans attended their club's away fixture at Stadium m:k last season, more than any of last season's League 1 or League 2 clubs.

7:45
Kick-Off

8:32
Half-time: 0-0

8:53
GOAL! MK Dons 0-1 Gillingham: Fagan

Craig Fagan scores! He is the 18th Gills player to score this season.

8:58
After 38 matches each, the Gills have previously scored first 18 times (winning 12) whilst MK Dons have scored first 16 times (winning 13).

9:38
Full-time: 0-1

The Gills keep a clean sheet for the first time in 15 away matches and the first on their travels since September 28th.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: MK Dons (A) - 25 Mar 14

Postby lidbid46 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:57 pm

Yahoo!!!
lidbid46

Postby Garawa » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:12 pm

Made you feel better I see!! ;-)

Garawa

Postby lidbid46 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:34 pm

Just a bit! I'm as predictable as Gills are unpredictable! One win and I'm all smiles again. Actually, that's not quite true. I still really didn't enjoy Saturday because it seemed so lacking in energy and spirit; both on and off the pitch and I questioned why I was there. I have never really done that before. Yes, Tuesday night was fantastic, but I got more pleasure from that, sitting at home in the warm than I did from being there on Sat and that wasn't just because we won, it was because you could almost feel the effort everyone was putting in through the computer. If I feel so horrible when I am at games, then I still have to ask myself why I am there. I remember plenty of defeats in the past when I have left with no voice, feeling unhappy that we have lost, but still pleased with the entertainment and effort shown by both players and spectators. On Saturday I just left feeling angry, having sung nothing apart from the slightly annoying 'Blue and White Army' and having clapped very little apart from our goal. All seemed a little pointless! Still, when we have a right go at Rotherham and the crowd sing their heads off, I'll be back to normal, if there is such a thing!!
lidbid46

Postby Garawa » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:43 pm

I guess the early goal killed a lot of that, had it been the other way round and a late defeat we might urge on the players and "sing when we're winning" but against Crewe we didn't look like we might go on to win the game. Even last season it took a bit of effort to raise the noise when going for the trophy, not the noise some remember but an increase in volume all the same. A simple drum might be enough to get the stadium rocking - probably against the noise laws set by Medway council though.

Garawa

Return to Match Discussions