Crewe (H) - 22 Mar 14

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Crewe (H) - 22 Mar 14

Postby Garawa » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:38 pm

The Gills are unbeaten in 4 at Gresty Road but have lost the last 3 to Crewe at Priestfield, conceding at least 3 goals in each of them.

Crewe edges the wins in games against the Gills 20 to 16. In the 45 ties there have only been 9 draws.

During the 90's the Gills lost 9 out of 10 matches against today's opponents but have since only lost 5 out of 15.

The Gills have had a player sent off in each of the last 3 home matches against Crewe. Those players were Kevin Maher, Callum Davies most recently Danny Spiller.

Cody McDonald goal tally is 14 this season from 39 appearances. Crewe top scorer Chuks Aneke has 15 from 38 appearances.

Crewe have conceded the most goals away from home in the league (43) and the most in total in the league (69). From all sides playing in League 1 this season, they also conceded the joint most goals in away games last season (40).

Crewe have failed to score in 8 of their 19 away league games this season and 5 of them saw them concede 4 or 5 goals.

Crewe have achieved just 1 clean sheet in 34 away league matches, a spell that dates back to November 2012!

Crewe haven't won any of their last 5 league games drawing 3 and losing 2 (2 defeats and a draw coming in away games).

32.4% of Crewe's league games this season have seen them concede at least 3 goals in a game and 32.4% also saw them fail to score.

Before today, no side in League 1 had been behind for longer in away league matches than Crewe.

3:00
Kick-Off

3:06
GOAL: Gillingham 0-1 Crewe

Gills scored first in 48.6% of league games (wining 66.6% of them). Crewe scored first in 51.4% (winning 42.1%) securing the fewest points in League 1.

3:32
GOAL: Gillingham 1-1 Crewe: Linganzi

3:48
Half-time: 1-1

4:14
GOAL: Gillingham 1-2 Crewe

4:44
GOAL: Gillingham 1-3 Crewe

4:57
Full-time: 1-3
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Crewe (H) - 22 Mar 14

Postby lidbid46 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:50 pm

So what did you think of that Gary? I'm really fed up and even a little cross tonight.
lidbid46

Postby Garawa » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:39 pm

I did expect it if I'm honest, we NEVER raise our game against sides fighting at the bottom at this stage of the season. However, for a side that ship goals left right and centre, it is annoying that we didn't constantly send in crosses all the time. Their keeper looked vulnerable yet didn't really continue that period we had at the end of the first half.

I suppose their are games we just always seem likely to lose. 4 games now at home to Crewe, 4 defeats, 4 games we have conceded at least 3 goals and 4 times a player has been sent off. But then just like us we might get the points against Rotherham! They are virtually guaranteed a play-off place so perhaps that isn't so far fetched - I felt we wouldn't get anything from that game or in any of our away games but Crewe and Tranmere wins at home should see us safe. Now we need to get something from one of those and perhaps our usual fashion of beating the tough sides and losing to the "easy" ones might see us home?!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby lidbid46 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:23 am

But I don't understand why we always allow it to get like this. We haven't actually been anywhere near the bottom for ages, yet we all still know that we are deep in trouble. We can beat sides like Wolves, Coventry and Sheff Untd, but consistently lose to those below us. when was the last comfortable season at this level, finishing say mid table with no dramas? That's all I'm asking for!!
lidbid46

Return to Match Discussions