Swindon (H) - 18 Jan 14

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Swindon (H) - 18 Jan 14

Postby Garawa » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:49 pm

In 44 Priestfield ties, the Gills have won 24 whilst Swindon have won only 4. In the away ties Swindon have won 29 to the Gills 5.

The last 5 results at Priestfield between the 2 sides have seen 4 Gills wins and a draw. The Gills have scored 13 to Swindon's 2.

Swindon have managed just 1 league clean sheet in 13 matches. The Gills have 2 in 13.

The Gills have won 2 and drawn 2 of their last 5 home league games, scoring in all of them (9 in total). Swindon have drawn 2 & lost 3 of their last 5 away games, failing to score in 3 of them (scoring 3 in total).

The team that scores first will have done so for the 14th time in the league. The Gills ended up winning 7, Swindon 9.

Despite Town sitting 8th they have lost 8 away league games this season, the same amount they lost in the whole of last season. Before kick-off, only Sheffield Utd (19th), Notts Co (21st), Crewe (22nd) & Stevenage (24th) have lost more in League 1.

Swindon have won 3 and lost 13 of their last 19 away league games. The previous 17 matches saw 9 wins and just 3 defeats.

6 of Swindon's 8 defeats on their travels in the league have been by 1 goal. All 5 of the Gills home league wins have been by 1 goal.

A 90th minute goal has been scored or conceded in each of the last 4 Gills games. There have been 7 in total all season.

3:00
Kick-Off

3:19
GOAL! Gillingham 1-0 Swindon: Legge

3:46
Half-time: 1-0

3:50
The Gills have only previously led at the break 6 times this season, winning 3 of them. Last season that figure was 20 with 14 & 12 the seasons before.
Swindon have lost 8 of the 9 matches they have been behind at half time and have yet to record a win from one.

4:41
GOAL! Gillingham 2-0 Swindon: Harriman

4:54
FULL-TIME: 2-0

Leon Legge has scored twice at Priestfield and won both games but has won neither of the 2 away games he has scored in.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Swindon (H) - 18 Jan 14

Postby lidbid46 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:37 pm

To add a little more 'flesh' to that, I thought this was by far our best home performance of the season. Right from the start we seemed to be more in control of the ball with every player seeming to be totally aware of what they had to do. Swindon played quite well when they had the ball in our half but the defence responded well, with Legge and Barrett looking much more assured at the centre. Hewitt is a good addition to the team and Martin seemed to be back to his best following a few recent wobbles. Harriman at right midfield was my MOM; I thought he was excellent and looked completely at home in that position. And what about Gregory?! I must admit to worrying about him in the past but if he plays like he did today for the rest of the season then we may have a star on our hands. Weston worked hard, Hessy gets better every game and passes the ball beautifully and Beyo was more mobile and determined than I have seen for a while. Cody is close to being back to his best as well, but I wish he could finish those one-on-ones! Nelson made several vital contributions and his passion is great to see. Dack was also very good when he came on and Fagin put himself about also. It was fun being in the RE today with everyone in full flow, although I would have preferred more Gills songs and less songs getting at Swindon and their players. I am now convinced we will be fine this season as long as we put in more performances like this. PT seems to be moulding the team to his way of thinking and we are now playing football again. Hooray!!!
lidbid46

Re: Swindon (H) - 18 Jan 14

Postby Garawa » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:34 pm

I agree with all of that. The only thing I would say is that Legge deserved his man of the match for a winning goal AND a great clearance to prevent an equaliser. But then a few would have been justified man of the match recipients, not for being so much better but for their solid and display and hard work.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to Match Discussions