[ 5 Oct 21 ] GILLS v Ipswich Match Thread (EFL Trophy A2)

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the Match

Poll ended at Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:29 pm

Aaron Chapman
No votes
Rhys Bennett
No votes
Max Ehmer (1)
No votes
Jack Tucker
100%
Bailey Akehurst
No votes
Stuart O'Keefe
No votes
Robbie McKenzie
No votes
Ben Reeves (3)
No votes
Olly Lee
No votes
Charlie Kelman
No votes
John Akinde (2)
No votes
(1) Harvey Lintott
No votes
(2) Gerald Sithole
No votes
(3) Danny Lloyd
No votes

Total votes : 1

[ 5 Oct 21 ] GILLS v Ipswich Match Thread (EFL Trophy A2)

Postby Garawa » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:29 pm

- The Gills have only won 3 of the 26 meetings with Ipswich whilst the visitors have won 12. The Gills last win came in the previous meeting back in March which followed a winless spell of 6 defeats and 2 draws.
- The Gills' 3-1 win over Ipswich in March followed 6 previous meetings in which the Gills failed to score a single goal: 0-1, 0-2, 0-0, 0-4, 0-1 and 0-0.
- The Gills have played Ipswich in the second group game of this competition for the past 3 seasons (each being played in the month of October), previously losing 0-2 away on the 6th October 2020 and losing 0-4 away on the 8th October 2019.
- Since the current revamp of the competition in 2016/17, the Gills have scored 19 goals from their 9 home games in the group stages and only once failed to score (a 0-4 loss at home to Tottenham U23s).

(19.00) Kick Off [ 4 - 1 - 3 - 2 ]

GOAL! Gillingham 0-1 Ipswich Town: Pigott

(19.46) Half time 0-1

(20.04) The second half kicks off.

(20.31) GOAL! Gillingham 0-2 Ipswich Town: Chaplin

(20.54) FULL TIME 0-2

Attendance: 1,116 (224)
Referee: Trevor Kettle
Match highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX1IAmwInVs
Sky Sports Match Report: https://www.skysports.com/football/gill ... own/454457
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: [ 5 Oct 21 ] GILLS v Ipswich Match Thread (EFL Trophy A2

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:23 am

Boy oh boy, does that match report make for some wonderful reading, well done Mr G,well done indeed (and so you should be haha ), I feel that I watched every kick ,tackle, felt every bone jarring foul as if I was there actually playing the game instead of being 4,000 miles away. When there handing out the Medway Pulitzer Prize ,it is going to be a difficult decision for the judges in Sweden,(or is that some other prize) ?
This could be the year that five time winner Fanny Mulligan goes down, with a capital D, mabe time she spiced up her tales of the hunt for the one quid can of Coke and the Polo mints, add a bit of sex , that always sells. But seriously how could anyone ,Dickens ,Chaucer, hell Bill Shakespeare himself compete with a 90 plus minute match report that read......
(19.46) Halftime 0-1, only to be followed up with (20.04) The second half kicks off, scream scream, aaaagggghhhhhh, be still my beating heart ,be still ,there is still more to come.
My hand is shaking, I am having trouble hitting the right keys, so people please excuse me if I make a minur mustake. Let me see if I can finish this without passing out,I am so hot and excited.. OK Full time 0-2. There was another line or two in between, but nothing of any consequence, which by the way I actually went once to a small town in New Mexico called Truth Or Consequences,but I digress.
Marvelous ,a report that said it all, and in such a child like simple way,well dome Mr. Pulitzer,sorry Mr G,well done indeed.
gillsfan1066

Re: [ 5 Oct 21 ] GILLS v Ipswich Match Thread (EFL Trophy A2

Postby Garawa » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:10 pm

Sorry, 7pm kick offs are useless for me and to be honest, had it not been a trophy match I would have made more of an effort to trawl through the tweets etc.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to Match Discussions