[ 14 Feb 17 ] GILLS v Chesterfield Match Thread

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the Match

Poll ended at Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:16 pm

Stuart Nelson
No votes
Ryan Jackson
No votes
Max Ehmer
100%
Adedeji Oshilaja
No votes
Bradley Garmston
No votes
Scott Wagstaff
No votes
Josh Wright
No votes
Bradley Dack
No votes
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
No votes
Rory Donnelly
No votes
Cody McDonald
No votes
Josh Parker
No votes
Mark Byrne
No votes
Lee Martin
No votes

Total votes : 1

[ 14 Feb 17 ] GILLS v Chesterfield Match Thread

Postby Garawa » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:22 pm

- The Gills have won 30 of the 69 meetings with Chesterfield whilst 3 of the visitors 23 wins have come in the last 5.
- The Gills have lost the last 2 games at home to Chesterfield and have lost 3 and drawn 1 of the last 4.
- Chesterfield only conceded 1 goal in their last 5 home league games but their previous 5 away games in the league saw them concede 14.
- From their last 9 league games, Chesterfield have scored just 3 goals whilst the Gills scored 9. Both have taken 8 points from them.
- 13 of Chesterfield's last 24 league games saw them fail to score. The Gills have failed to score in 6 of their 30 games this season (13 in the last 56).
- Chesterfield have lost 10 of their last 11 away league matches and have managed 1 win in their last 17 league games on the road.
- The last 5 games have seen either Chesterfield (3 times) or the Gills (2) score 3 goals in the game after it only occurred twice in the previous 20.
- Chesterfield have played 15 league away games previously and led for only 73 minutes (the lowest amount in League 1)

7.46 Kick-Off [ 4 - 3 - 1 - 2 ]

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas has an attempt cleared off the line.

Chesterfield goalkeeper drops and handles the ball outside the area and wins a free kick!

Rory Donnelly hits inside of the post.

8.35 Half-time: 0-0 (48.23)

8.51 - The second half kicks off.
Before today the Gills had scored 26 of their 38 goals in the second half whilst Chesterfield had conceded 31 of their 49 goals in them.

GOAL! Gillingham 1-0 Chesterfield: Ehmer
Chesterfield have conceded the first goal in 17 of their games (losing 15). Away from home they drew 1 and lost 10 of them.

Max Ehmer hits the top of the bar.

Stuart Nelson makes a vital last gasp stop.

In the final 10 minutes of league games Chesterfield have conceded 12 goals and scored none. They are the only side in the league yet to score then.

GOAL! Gillingham 1-1 Chesterfield: Anderson

9.40 FULL-TIME 1-1 (97:44)

Position: 17th
Attendance: 4,595 (96)
Referee: Andy Haines
Goal Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCu6vtYWLs8
BBC Sport Match Thread: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38889661
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: [ 14 Feb 17 ] GILLS v Chesterfield Match Thread

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:55 pm

Another home game,hopefully just what we need after Saturday`s dreadful performance.We need to play a lot better than we did against Port Vale.Chesterfield are another side who wont come here and rollover,we need to make it hard for them and get a much needed win.If we lose I really do fear for us as the gap is getting smaller.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:24 pm

Amazing thing is when your at the bottom of the table points seems to do nothing for you, a win and you still don't seem to move up a place, but a couple of loses and bang your in the relegation zone. This game really is a must win game , Port Vale, Chesterfield and Coventry three games that any team worth it's salt would have been relishing playing , especially with two of the games at home where the opposition have manged TWO WHOLE AWAY WINS BETWEEN THEM ALL SEASON and an away game against the bottom of the table team who look as if they have already given up the ghost.
But no once again Scally bought in a cheapo manager in Pennock , someone with no Division One or even Division Two experience, every time we bring in a new manager I cringe,Scally really does have to be the worst owner for picking managers in the football league, who's next , Hessy??
Come on Gillingham you spineless wonders, get out there and earn your f' ing salarys for a change, don't forget if we get relegated half of you guys will be looking for a new club, we won't be able to afford to pay you Division One salarys when were in Division two , and most of you will be looking at playing in the minor leagues, think about what you will be earning playing for Maidstone or Bromley.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:18 am

Ref was dire!! Their captain Evatt completely tore straight through Wagstaff and was a leg breaker. Ref saw no foul (he should have stopped to check and given a drop ball or free kick). Dack tried to kick the ball out but didn't make it so we headed the ball "out" but was intercepted and they attacked despite appeals to put it out. Dack pulled their player back to get the ball and the ref gave a foul. Dack then did a similar foul himself and the ref (with a red card in his hand) showed him a yellow. Never seen such disgusting play to ignore would might have been a serious injury and purposely stop us from VERY CLEARLY attempting to play the ball out! Had the ref shown red I think I'd have walked out!!!! He gave wacky decisions but seemed to redeem himself in the second!

Garawa

Postby Garawa » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:26 am

Max Ehmer man of the match for me! Every ball that came to the back he was on the end of, won every header, scored, hit the woodwork and had 4 of our 11 shots at goal. He has risen to the challenge of captain in my opinion.

Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:06 pm

I guess the answer is to make them all the Captain of something, deffence, attack, right wing capt,left wing capt,middle of the field capt, think we might have hit on something here Mr. Garawa.
gillsfan1066

Return to Match Discussions