[ 19 Nov 16 ] Walsall v GILLS Match Thread

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the match

Poll ended at Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:59 pm

Stuart Nelson
No votes
Scott Wagstaff
No votes
Max Ehmer
No votes
Baily Cargill
100%
Paul Konchesky
No votes
Jake Hessenthaler
No votes
Josh Wright
No votes
Billy Knott
No votes
Bradley Dack
No votes
Cody McDonald
No votes
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
No votes
Mark Byrne
No votes
Emmanual Osadebe
No votes

Total votes : 1

Re: [ 19 Nov 16 ] Walsall v GILLS Match Thread

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:01 pm

If he was giving me my pocket money each week I sure as hell would want him to stay employed, lol.
To me this is another wasted season, were not even at Christmas and as far as I am concerned the season is over, we sure as hell are not going to be in the promotion race, and I beg the Gods of footie to keep us way above the relegation zone, so here we go again another 12th place finish and everyone will consider that wonderful, we didn't go down, back in November we looked as if we were in trouble, but no Jed got us out and saved us, what a guy, WHAT A GUY. Yeah what a guy, lol.
If he is still here at the start of the new year then I am sure he is going to bring in a player or two, and that means next season we will start with a mirror image of this season.
What happened to the line of GM's that was going round the block waiting to sign Bradley Dack, what ever happened to that deal ?
gillsfan1066

Postby Rimshot » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:50 am

It's not the manager that calls the shots at GFC. I no longer care who's is in the post I just look at the win. It's pointless having any hopes that the club will move forward until there's a change of ownership.
Rimshot

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:30 pm

Glasgow got everyone he wanted this year, this team is his team and he is doing one rotten job of running it. He appears to lack in the art of motivation and some of the players he bought in ,well me thinks he got sold a bag of rusty nails. Our beloved Chairman might sign the checks but he sure as hell does not tell Glasgow who to bring in, like he would know who to bring into GFC ??
gillsfan1066

Postby lidbid46 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:55 pm

Don't see why we can't still think of getting into the playoffs. There must be examples of teams who have been in a worse position than we are now who have reached the play offs and maybe even been promoted. I can't call this a wasted season; it just seems like most of the other 25 seasons I have enjoyed supporting Gillingham; some wins when we should have lost, some defeats when we expected to win and a lot of either frustrating or heroic draws. Apart from the two or three promotion seasons, this is just what supporting Gillingham has always been like. If supporters want loads of trophies, massive crowds, star players and 90% home wins then I would respectfully suggest they are supporting the wrong team! Could be worse; imagine supporting Coventry right now compared to ten or twenty years ago!
lidbid46

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:38 pm

That my dear Mr. L just about sums up some Gillingham supporters, EXCEPT MEDIOCRITY, AND EXPECT NOTHING MORE , finishing 12 in the THIRD DIVISION year in year out IS OK isn't ?
You can't just go and support another team, I have nothing in common with Manchester United or Liverpool, worked in both places a couple of times for a week or so , I bleed Gillingham blue blood when I cut myself shaving , it's not Chelsea blue or Everton Blue, it's GILLINGHAM BLUE, you can't just change the team you have grown up supporting .
YES supporting Coventry is no fun in 2016, but at least the supporters have experienced the top of the Mountain, we never made it past base camp. 20 years ago Coventry were playing Manchester United , I bet we were playing Port Vale, GOD I hate Port Vale, lol.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:56 pm

Could be worse; imagine supporting Coventry right now compared to ten or twenty years ago!

What about Stockport. Championship to National League North, a drop a 4 divisions. Ouch.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Rimshot » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:19 pm

I agree with 1066 in every respect and please don't tell me that accepting mediocrity is a requirement for supporting the team. I've been a fan since 1958 and it's probably the most condescending statement I've ever heard from another supporter.

If you look at the current premiership there are at least 4 sides in there which have until recent times been struggling in lower divisions. They may well not survive for a long time in the top tier but they got there and no doubt gave their fans a great ride along the way. Hull, Burnley, Watford, Swansea ...not exactly giants of the game are they ? Oh yes and then there's Leicester City.

I lived in Watford for a period when they were absolutely hopeless, I used to to go along as one of my friends was a big time supporter. The ground was a tip, the gates were lower than ours are now.
Rimshot

Postby Garawa » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:45 pm

That's fair enough but our fans seem to expect it. I guess all the others do too. There are 20 places available of which 3/4 are taken up by the huge mainstays like Man City and Arsenal etc. It leaves 5 or places up for grabs that seemingly 60 teams expect to be able to achieve and when the vast majority don't, all manner of inquests and debate is levied asking why. I guess in truth we should be in the middle somewhere - expect to able to do what those clubs do but accept most won't and that we are an average club like all the others. Bigger clubs with more aspirational owners have tried and failed and left the club languishing.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Previous

Return to Match Discussions