[ 13 Aug 16 ] GILLS v Bury Match Thread

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the match

Poll ended at Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:54 pm

Stuart Nelson
No votes
Ryan Jackson
No votes
Paul Konchesky
No votes
Josh Pask
100%
Deji Oshilaja
No votes
Josh Wright
No votes
Mark Byrne
No votes
Emmanuel Osadebe
No votes
Billy Knott
No votes
Cody McDonald
No votes
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
No votes
Jake Hessenthaler
No votes
Rory Donnelly
No votes
Jake Quigley
No votes

Total votes : 3

[ 13 Aug 16 ] GILLS v Bury Match Thread

Postby Garawa » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:04 pm

Since losing 4-1 at home to Bury in December 1992 (and 3-4 before), the Gills have since won 4 and drawn 4 against them at Priestfield.

Bury have lost 13 of their last 17 away games and failed to score in 9 of them, scoring just 8 times in total.

Both sides won 21 of the 52 meetings but 15 of the Gills wins came at Priestfield whilst 3 of Bury's 4 wins here saw them score 4 goals.

Bury started last season with just 1 defeat in the opening 13 games (1 fewer than the Gills) before losing 11 out of 16.

The Gills have only ever scored more than 3 against Bury once but that was a 4-5 defeat. Bury have scored 4 or more 5 times (5 wins).

3.02 KICK-OFF

GOAL! Gillingham 1-0 Bury: Jackson
The Gills scored first in 10 home games last season and won 9 of them - their only dropped points came in a 3-3 draw with Oldham

Emmanuel Osadebe hits the bar.

3.48 Half-time: 1-0
Last season the Gills won all 9 home games after leading at half time whilst Bury lost all 11 they were behind in away from home.

The second half gets underway.

GOAL! Gillingham 2-0 Bury: Kay OG

GOAL! Gillingham 2-1 Bury: Pope

4.58 FULL-TIME: 2-1

Position: 1st
Attendance: 5,324 (189)
Referee: Brendan Malone
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: [ 13 Aug 16 ] GILLS v Bury Match Thread

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:24 pm

I'm looking forward to my first game of the season.We have had the perfect start after beating Southend twice.I think everyone is looking forward to seeing Emmanuel Thomas at Priestfield on Saturday.Bury have had a good start after beating Charlton 2-0,and only lost in extra time to Championship Burton last night.Hopefully we can get another three points,and start a good run at Priestfield.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:20 pm

I think Gillingham will line up as follows.......................

------------------------------------Nelson---------------------------------------
Jackson--------------Pask--------------------Oshilaja------------------Konchesky
------------------------------------Wright-----------------------------------------
---------------------Osadebe------------------O'Hara-----------------------------
-------------------------------------Knott-------------------------------------------
---------------------McDonald-----------------Emmanuel-Thomas-----------------

Subs: Hadler (GK), M.Dickenson, Oldaker, Hessenthaler, Byrne, Quigley, Donnelly

The Back Five Picks Itself and Adedeji Oshilaja will be recalled back into The Starting Line Up as Max Ehmer was substituted with concussion on Tuesday Night, I think Jamie O'Hara will be thrown in for his full competitive debut tomorrow alongside Emmanuel Osadebe - who put in an very impressive performance against Southend United on the opening day of the season - I think Billy Knott will play in The Central Attacking Midfielder Role, with both goal-scorers from Tuesday Night - Cody McDonald and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - to line up alongside each other in attack.

Last Season, Gillingham lost four home league games in a row against Walsall, Shrewsbury Town, Port Vale and Millwall, it is vital that Gillingham get off to a winning start and make Priestfield Stadium a fortress again - COME ON THE GILLS!!!!!!!!!
fan_of_mulligan

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:53 pm

I thought we were really good in the first half,and could have gone in 2 or 3-0 up.Jackson with the early goal for us,but Osadebe had his header crash off the bar,and Wright`s volley was well saved.The second goal came when Jackson`s shot was deflected in by Kay.I felt we got a bit complacent and Pope had a free header to pull one back.We became a bit too deep so it was a nervy end.Also 6 added minutes really? That was torture.A hard earned 3 points,and it`s nice to have maximum points from the two games so far.

MOTM? I thought Konchesky,Jackson,and Osadebe were very good,but Pask for me gets it.For such a young lad he can read the game really well,neat on the ball,and commanding.If he keeps this up he will have a great future.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:46 pm

http://fan-of-mulligan.tumblr.com/post/149086448792/fom-blog-gillingham-2-1-bury

This is My FOM BLOG For Gillingham's 2-1 win against Bury - Enjoy.
fan_of_mulligan

Return to Match Discussions