[ 2 Apr 16 ] GILLS v Coventry Match Thread

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the Match

Poll ended at Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:15 pm

Stuart Nelson
No votes
Max Ehmer
25%
Adam El-Abd
75%
Deji Oshilaja
No votes
Ryan Jackson
No votes
Brennan Dickenson
No votes
Aaron Morris
No votes
Josh Wright
No votes
Andrew Crofts
No votes
Dominic Samuel
No votes
Luke Norris
No votes
Rory Donnelly
No votes
George Williams
No votes
Bradley Garmston
No votes

Total votes : 4

Re: [ 2 Apr 16 ] GILLS v Coventry Match Thread

Postby Garawa » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:07 pm

Focus on teams below you and you end up in trouble. We have to focus on automatics and get as many points as possible then its irrelevant what anyone below us do! Settle for play-offs and we could find ourselves in 7th if we aren't careful.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:01 am

Come on get real, focus on the teams above us, hahaha, have you seen whats coming up, it's OK having your head in the clouds but you have to keep your feet on the ground.
Sheffield United AWAY, have you seen the Gills away record ,we have won SIX games away all season, what do you think Glasgow has some magic powder he is going to spinkle in the players boots and we will win 4-0 ? Were bloody awful away from home which is kind of worrying to say the least.
Oh look here comes Walsall, there AWAY record is almost as good as our home record, yeah thats not worrying in the least is it ??
Who's next on the old score board, Port Vale at home, thank God, they couldn't hit there asses if they were given sticks ,so we lets put us down for three points there, then who's that round the corner, Rochdale, just a bunch of bums ,until you see who they are playing in the last few games of the season, an out of contention Peterborough, Blackpool, Swindon, Colchester , jeezzz Gillingham are the only team in the top half of the table they play, they could easily be good for 10 or 12 points, and who would you rather be playing on the last day of the season, Millwall or Colchester , and don't say Millwall , lol.
Were three wins away from that automatic spot where Burton sit, and there away record is good compared to ours, and they have Scunny, Colchester and Doncaster away, thats got to be 7 if not 9 points hasn't it ?
Then you have Barnsley riding high after winning the paint pot trophy, and who have they got in there next two games, Chesterfield and Oldham, there's six points in their pocket and if we play like we did against Coventry we could easily lose the next two games and be in 8th place by next Tuesday night, God I hope not.
I want Gillingham to go up as bad as anyone on this board, but after 362 years of supporting them I have grown to always see what MIGHT happen judging from past results, AND IT 'S NEVER GOOD, lol.
When I was a kid I used to get so excited when I knew Southern Television was coming to televise a Gills game, I would be able to watch it on Sunday afternoon, and do you knew what ALWAYS happened, Brighton would beat us 1-4, Bournmouth would whip our asses 0-5, bloody Torque or who ever would kick sand in our faces and go home laughing, and Sarfend, well lets not go there.
I want to play Leeds, I want to play Newcastle, and Hull, and QPR, and Derby, and Forest and Aston Villa and Fulham and Sunderland, I want a cup run not getting knocked out by Dover or Gateshead or who ever, but playing in the fourth and fifth round with a team which has NAMES in it, players that we can sell for a million bucks in the years to come. I don't want it............ I DEMAND IT.........GLASGOW GET YOUR FINGER OUT OF YOUR BUTT AND GET THOSE GUYS MOTIVATED.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:45 pm

As shown on another thread, its not a case of being ridiculously positive but I've shown that results are more than possible EVEN when losing to Sheffield Utd. Form plays no part at this stage of the season (look at the year we won League 2) and as for Walsall, we both have currently won 3 games in 10. Any two of seven sides will believe they will go up automatically so why should we just quit and let someone else take our spot? If Lewis Hamilton qualified in 20th do you think his winning mentality allow him to settle for 3rd? No, you aim to win every single game you play regardless of the situation. Had Leicester not done so last season when dead and buried they wouldn't be playing in the Champions League next season let alone battling for the Premier League title! Until it's mathematically impossible, not only can we do it but we don't have to win all our games to do so. If other teams do that instead then they will deservedly take the place and we gave it our best shot.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:15 pm

Same reason as millions and millions of people do the Lottery every week, they all THINK their going to win the BIG ONE, and of course most of them do, lol.
I am sure that Scally and Glasgow preach to the team that when we win against Sheffield, and when we win against Walsall we will only be x number of points behind Wigan and Burton, and reminding the boys that a run of results will put us into that 2nd position, because Burton are falling and that spot has our name written all over it, and........ THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY SHOULD DO.
Then when everyone leaves the room , they gather over the piece of scrap paper with every teams remaining games written on it and try and figure out who they will be playing in the play offs.
gillsfan1066

Postby Rimshot » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:00 am

I'm not suggesting we shouldn't aim to win every game, I'm saying that we have no chance of the automatics and should make bleeding sure we don't screw up our place in the playoffs.
Rimshot

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:30 pm

http://fan-of-mulligan.tumblr.com/post/142468906077/fom-blog-gillingham-0-0-coventry-city

This Is My FOM BLOG For Gillingham's Goal-Less Draw against Coventry City - Enjoy.
fan_of_mulligan

Previous

Return to Match Discussions