[ 28 Mar 16 ] Bury v GILLS Match Thread

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the Match

Poll ended at Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:02 pm

Stuart Nelson
No votes
Max Ehmer
No votes
Adam El-Abd
No votes
Deji Oshilaja
No votes
Ryan Jackson
No votes
Brennan Dickenson
No votes
Josh Wright
No votes
Aaron Morris
No votes
Andrew Crofts
No votes
Luke Norris
No votes
Dominic Samuel
No votes
Bradley Garmston
No votes
Rory Donnelly
No votes
Jake Hessenthaler
No votes

Total votes : 0

[ 28 Mar 16 ] Bury v GILLS Match Thread

Postby Garawa » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:55 pm

The sides have swapped divisions lately and we last played at Bury in September 2010. A Gills win would level the wins at 21 each from 52 ties.

Bury have the worst of any of the 10 minute spells of any League 1 side this season. They scored 2 but conceded 12 (19.7% of their goals conceded) between the 11th and 20th minutes.

Bury have scored 9 goals against the Gills in just their 2 most recent home games, the last ending in a 5-4 win for them.

Bury have won 13 games this season with 7 of them ending 1-0. The Gills have won 18 games but only 3 have ended 1-0.

Bury have failed to score in 7 of their last 12 league games and have scored 13 goals in 13 games, 8 of which have come in just 2 of them.

The Gills have scored the joint highest number of first half goals in the league (31) whilst Bury have conceded the second highest number of first half goals in the league (33).

Bury's best period at home is the 46th to the 60th minutes when they scored 7 goals and conceded 1. The Gills best away period is the same minutes when they scored 6 and conceded 1.

Although Bury have lost 11 out of 13 on the road, they are unbeaten in 7 at home and have lost only 3 games there in the league all season.

The Gills last won at Bury in November 2008 (FA Cup) but the last win in the league there was in September 1985, a 2-1 win 12 visits ago.

The Gills are winless in 7 on the road and this game is the Gills 5th away match in 7 league games. 3 of the next 4 are at home.

3:01 Kick-Off

3:28
GOAL! Bury 0-1 Gillingham: Norris
Bury have conceded first 19 times in the league and previously only managed to win once (losing 12).

3:48 Half-time: 0-1
When losing at half time in the league Bury's record at full time is won 1, drawn 1 and lost 11. Only Colchester have lost more games.

4:05
The second half kicks off.

4:08
The Gills managed 5 corners in the first half, as many or more than in the whole of 11 of their last 21 games.

4:24
Dickenson heads off the line.

4:59 FULL-TIME: 0-1

Position: 4th
Attendance: 2,907 (291)
Referee: Oliver Langford
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: [ 28 Mar 16 ] Bury v GILLS Match Thread

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:14 pm

Here is a fact for you, were short of a true goal scorer and Scally hasn't gone and got us one on loan, and that's going to cost us points. We saw that on Saturday, Gillingham were the better team looked pretty good at the back but could't have knock more than one in if they ha played till midnight.
Thankfully Bury are not a very good team, and when they lose jeezz they do it in style, what was it 6-0 against Coventry, but when they do score they seem to score more than the one goal , I would hate to see us only pick up a point this weekend, but thats what I can see happening AGAIN.
gillsfan1066

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:37 pm

A long trip north for fans & players on Easter Monday,and hopefully we can get our first away win since Swindon on Boxing day.We played well at Southend,and were unlucky not to get three points.If we play like that again,I think we will win.Other Teams play before us on Friday,so we will need to at least get something.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:51 pm

OK lets not use the distance of the trip as an excuse ,they have not played in 10 days so my guess is the players are pretty rested, maybe to rested,I hope it doesn't take us a half to " get going "
Glasgow needs to give them a good work out Saturday morning, then we can go and whip the crap out of Bury (what a horrible name).
Need early goals, 1-0 up to the Gills after 15 minutes, 2-0 by the half, final score Gillingham 2 -1 Bury , three big points to the BIG BLUE MACHINE if were down 1-2 at the half then I think the best we can hope for is a point, GO GILLS
This is the last "easy one" for weeks, Coventry,(h) Sheffield,(a) Walsall (h) coming up , what are we realistically looking at, a draw against Coventry, another at Sheffield, maybe another if were lucky against Walsall , that will put us behind the eight ball come the middle of April and the Vale game, then with only four games left to go, and two of them are against Burton and Millwall , this Bury game has become A MUST WIN GAME.
gillsfan1066

Postby lidbid46 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:19 pm

Agreed; this is a real must win game. Let's hope we have rediscovered our form and we an have a stroke of luck that leads to three points.
lidbid46

Postby Garawa » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:10 pm

Definitely must win. 7 without one on the road is not good for a side aiming for promotion especially with the sides rapidly closing the gap below us. We can't go into playoffs with a poor away form as it leaves too much to do in one game.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:21 am

Great thing is we now have a game in hand all be it a tough one, were playing Bury after they were held to a 1-1 draw by mighty Blackpool, THREE POINTS TO THE GILLS IS A MUST and the teams behind us really didn't do much yesterday except Bradford and Rochdale, Millwall lost, Coventry lost, Vale only got a point, and with Millwall playing Burton they might not pick up any points over Easter, Rochdale are playing Wigan they will be lucky to pick up anything, Vale and Barnsley could easily share the points, and Coventry playing Colchester, well that should give them 3 , so Mr. Glasgow, a WIN PLEASE, not a draw.
gillsfan1066

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:40 pm

I think Gillingham will line up as follows.......................

------------------------------------Nelson---------------------------------------
--------------A.Morris-------------Ehmer----------------Oshilaja----------------
Jackson--------------Crofts------------------Wright-----------------B.Dickenson
---------------------------------Hessenthaler---------------------------------------
----------------------Samuel------------------Norris--------------------------------

Subs: G.Morris (GK), El-Abd, McGlashan, Garmston, Osadebe, Oldaker, Donnelly

Ryan Jackson in for Jermaine McGlashan is the only change I can see happening from the team that started against Southend United at Roots Hall, Adam El-Abd should be back among the substitutes bench to provide Gillingham with some much needed defensive cover and Andrew Crofts returning from international duty for Wales gives Gillingham another option in the middle of midfield.

With Bradford City winning against Millwall, Gillingham need a few more wins to secure ourselves either third or fourth in League One, as ending in those positions ensure's that Gillingham have The Second Leg at home, I haven't completely given up hope on automatic promotion, but it is looking increasingly likely that the playoffs is a more achievable aim then trying to challenge Burton Albion and Wigan Athletic for an automatic promotion place, here's hoping that Gillingham can keep our unbeaten run going by winning against Bury tomorrow - COME ON THE GILLS!!!!!!!!!!
fan_of_mulligan

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:54 pm

So is Crofts NOT travelling with the for Welsh team to the Ukraine for the friendly on Monday, did he play against N I on Thursday ??
gillsfan1066

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:03 pm

PPPHHHEEEWWWW what did we play two fifteen minute periods of extra time, I thought footie was a 90 minute game not a 110 minutes.
Well done the Gills big three points today.
gillsfan1066

Next

Return to Match Discussions