[ 1 Mar 16 ] Fleetwood v GILLS Match Thread

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the Match

Stuart Nelson
No votes
Ryan Jackson
No votes
Adam Chicksen
No votes
Max Ehmer
No votes
Adam Al-Abd
No votes
Josh Wright
No votes
Aaron Morris
No votes
Brennan Dickenson
No votes
Rory Donnelly
No votes
George Williams
No votes
Luke Norris
No votes
Elliott List
No votes
Dominic Samuel
No votes
Bradley Garmston
No votes

Total votes : 0

[ 1 Mar 16 ] Fleetwood v GILLS Match Thread

Postby Garawa » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:35 pm

The Gills 5-1 win over Fleetwood in September was the only win from 5 games against them and saw more goals than the previous 4 combined.

Despite being 2 points off the drop, Fleetwood have only lost twice (2 fewer than the Gills) in their last 9 games but only scored 8 goals in them.

Fleetwood are the only side to earn a clean sheet in games between the sides managing 2 in the 5 ties.

Fleetwood are unbeaten in 4 at home (2 wins) whilst the Gills are winless in 4 away (3 defeats).

Fleetwood have scored just 14 first half goals this season, the second lowest amount in League 1. The Gills have scored 29.

Fleetwood have conceded just 1 goal in their last 4 games at home. The 3 clean sheets is more than they managed from the previous 11.

Before today, Fleetwood had been behind at home for a total of 155 minutes, an average of 10.3 per game. The Gills had been behind for 203 at home, an average of 11.9 per game.

7:45 KICK-OFF

7:49
GOAL! Fleetwood 1-0 Gillingham.
Fleetwood have scored first in 9 of their 15 home games previously this season, winning 6 and losing just 1.

7:51
Fleetwood have a goal ruled out from Shola Ameobi for offside.

7:54
GOAL! Fleetwood 2-0 Gillingham.

8:12
Fleetwood hit the woodwork.

8:20
GOAL! Fleetwood 2-1 Gillingham: Norris

8:32 Half-time 2-1
Fleetwood have won 4 of the 6 home games they led at the break. Only 5 sides before today had fewer half time leads than Fleetwood's 7.

8:48
The second half kicks off.

9:38 FULL -TIME: 2-1

Position: 4th
Attendance: 2,133 (107)
Referee: Jeremy Simpson
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: [ 1 Mar 16 ] Fleetwood v GILLS Match Thread

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:18 pm

I think Gillingham will line up as follows.......................

----------------------------------Nelson---------------------------------------
Jackson-------------El-Abd---------------------Ehmer------------------Garmston
---------------------Wright---------------------A.Morris--------------------------
List-----------------------------Williams------------------------------B.Dickenson
----------------------------------Norris--------------------------------------------

Subs: G.Morris (GK), Chicksen, Hessenthaler, Osadebe, McGlashan, Samuel, Donnelly

I would like to see Gillingham try something different because The 4.4.2 diamond midfield formation has been sussed out away from home, and if we’re now getting found out the way we play at home then Justin Edinburgh needs to find another way of playing and I am a big fan of a 4.2.3.1 formation, had John Egan been fully fit I would of suggested The 3.4.1.2 formation that Justin Edinburgh played towards the back end of last season, but a lack of defensive options makes that line up less then likely.

Luke Norris has to start, I believe that Dominic Samuel and Rory Donnelly have had enough chances now and while both players are decent strikers, sometimes being dropped from the starting line up can be a motivational ploy, and at the same-time Luke Norris deserves to start, Bradley Garmston and Brennan Dickenson will be very effective down the left wing for Gillingham, and let's see what Elliott Lost can do when he is given a opportunity to start, and George Williams will play in The Bradley Dack Role.

After back to back 2-1 defeats, hopefully Gillingham can get back to winning ways against Fleetwood Town tomorrow - COME ON THE GILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fan_of_mulligan

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:19 pm

A chance for Gills to get over the defeat to Chesterfield quickly,and a chance to get an away win.We may see some changes after Saturday.A win would be a big boost for the club and would put us on track again.

My Team:

------------------------------------Nelson---------------------------------------
------Jackson----------------------------------------------------Garmston
-----------------------------El-Abd-----------Ehmer
-----------------------------------Wright-------------------------------------
-----------------------------Osadebe----------A Morris-----------------------
-----------------------------Williams---------------------------
------------------Samuel------------------Norris-----------------------------

Subs: G Morris,Chicksen,Hessenthaler,McGlashan,Oldaker,List,Donnelly

Williams can play the Dack role,so could fit in there.Donnelly has been out of form for a bit so I would start Norris.Garmston s more attacking than Chicksen so I would start him.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby baronnight » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:13 pm

.........................Morris..........................
.........El-Abde.....Mitchell......Ehmer...........
..................Wright....Morris....................
Jackson.....................................Garmston
.......................Wlliams.........................
...........Norris...................Samuel...........

Give Nelson a rest, Give Mitchell a chance, Give Fleetwood a hiding.
baronnight

Postby Garawa » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:39 pm

Wright captain again today. Norris starts after impressing on Saturday and Dickenson charges back into the starting XI. Need a response tonight.

Garawa

Postby Garawa » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:45 pm

Yet again, as most of our games this season, a woeful start put us out of the picture and our 3rd loss in a row wasn't far away then, I said back then it was great coming from behind but we couldn't keep doing it and it was going to hurt us. We hardly ever control a game from the start anymore! 2 down after 9 minutes and Norris on 36 made it EIGHT goals scored in the 2 games with them after 36 minutes!

Garawa

Postby lidbid46 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:56 pm

This was entirely predictable being a Gillingham fan but it doesn't help when we have to sit through it game after game. What other team would be in second place at this stage of the season and lose three games on the trot without really looking like we could gain any points from those games? Two injuries seem to have completely derailed us which is tough but shows our squad isn't strong enough.
lidbid46

Postby Garawa » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:11 pm

I'm not convinced about that to be honest. I think we are overachieving and its largely down to those 2! Players have the confidence that Egan will stop a chance and Dack will create one and without them we are a bit more like our usual selves.

Garawa

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:00 pm

It looks like a poor first 9 minutes has cost us something from the game.2-0 down by 9 minutes and the game is gone.The conditions seemed awful,but it is the same for both Teams.Three defeats in a row,and hopefully our wobble will stop soon.Credit to the 107 fans that made the trip,great support to travel all that way on a Tuesday night.News has come out tonight that Dack has torn his hamstring,so a massive loss to the Team.

Scunthorpe away next,and if we can get something we can build on it.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:34 pm

I do not think it is possible to OVER ACHIEVE for 25 games of the season, (in all competitions) we only had 9 loses in 34 or 35 games, but I do think it is possible to UNDER ACHIEVE for 5 of the last 6 games, and that is Edinburgh's fault, no one else's.
gillsfan1066

Next

Return to Match Discussions