Bradford City - 9th Feb 2013

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Bradford City - 9th Feb 2013

Postby Garawa » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:38 pm

- Bradford have failed win any of their last 5 league games, drawing 2 and losing 3. From their last 5 home games, Bradford followed up 3 straight wins with 2 defeats whilst the Gills won their last 3 away games.

- The Gills have only once failed to score away, a 0-0 at Oxford. We have kept 6 clean sheets on the road, Bradford have kept 5 at home.

- Bradford have received the joint fewest yellow cards in the league (27) and is 10 fewer than the Gills and half that of worst side Fleetwood.

- Bradford top scorer Nahki Wells has 18 goals this season, 6 more than his total last season and 10 more than his nearest team-mate.

- Bradford's Hanson is League 2's worst conceder of fouls thanks largely to having played 38 matches, 4 more than ever present Gill Matt Fish.

3:00
Kick-Off

3:49
Half time: 0-0

3:50
Gills last were 0-0 away in the game against Torquay, 109 days ago. The 3 games at 0-0 at half time have ended in a win, a draw and a defeat.

16:00
The Gills have conceded 9 fouls in the first half. The most over the course of 90 minutes so far this season is 17 (Rotherham away).

16:07
Deon Burton catches the ref's attention most during Gills games. He is the most fouled player (31) and the one who concedes the most as well (36)

16:23
1-0 Gills - Cody McDonald

16:24
Cody scores his 11th Gills goal from the last 15 he has played for the club.

16:36
87 minutes for Matt Fish will see him cross 3,000 minutes for this season, well eclipsing the 1,897 minutes he played last season.

16:46
A win today would give us 10 away wins. 10 in a 46 game Football League season remains the record for the Gills. In 1984/85 the Gills finished 4th in the Football League whilst in 48/49 the Gills were denied promotion having won the Southern League title.
The season earned 10 away victories in the league including play-off games in 1999/00 and 2008/9, both promotion seasons.

16:54
Full Time: Bradford 0-1 Gillingham
Gills hang on to equal the club away record with a trip to York on Tuesday!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Bradford City - 9th Feb 2013

Postby lidbid46 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:29 pm

Wow!! Not sure what has worn me out more - the tension of the game followed on the official site and via twitter, or trying to get my head around all of Gary's facts!! What an amazing win, and what a strange season! Why can't we win at home and then produce such a fantastic performance at Bradford! Sets up Tuesday's match beautifully; why shouldn't we expect another three points? Gary, I have tried looking at historic tables and I think 81 points would be very likely this year for automatic promotion. That means 7 more wins or 21 points of any description from the last 16 games. Sounds very do-able to me!!
lidbid46

Re: Bradford City - 9th Feb 2013

Postby Garawa » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:44 am

Ha ha. Very do-able indeed, I think we have got so focused on winning the league that we forget about automatic promotion but that can only be good really as it should ensure it happens. A win Tuesday and we are rightfully top once more, what a battle!

As for the differences I think we did to Bradford what Wycombe did to us. We sounded solid without creating much but it seems we try and play that way at home too and that is never going to work as we leave holes when we try and attack. We need almost to have a totally different side/set-up at home and it has to change as sides will suddenly feel confident about getting a result AND beating the side top of the league.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to Match Discussions