[ 16 Jan 16 ] Doncaster v GILLS Match Thread

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the Match

Poll ended at Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:02 pm

Stuart Nelson
No votes
Ryan Jackson
No votes
Bradley Garmston
No votes
John Egan
No votes
Max Ehmer
No votes
Josh Wright
33%
Jake Hessenthaler
No votes
Aaron Morris
No votes
Bradley Dack
No votes
Rory Donnelly
67%
Dominic Samuel
No votes
Jermaine McGlashan
No votes
Doug Loft
No votes

Total votes : 3

[ 16 Jan 16 ] Doncaster v GILLS Match Thread

Postby Garawa » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:01 am

The Gills lead the wins between the sides by a whopping 32 to 12 and are unbeaten in 3 against Doncaster, winning 2 of them.

From the last 5 games between the sides, one goal was scored by either side in 7 of the 10 occasions. 0 occurred once and 2 was scored twice.

The Gills had previously scored 8 goals in 3 away games whilst Doncaster scored the same number from their last 6 home games.

Doncaster have only lost twice in 10 league games (1 fewer than the Gills) but they both occurred in their last 4 home games.

Doncaster have lost 9 times in the league and have scored just 1 goal in them.

Doncaster have had 4 blank sheets at home (twice as many as the Gills home and away) and 10 in the league overall.

Andy Williams has scored the same number of goals as Bradley Dack (13) but from 2 more appearances and 20 more shots on target.

3:03 Kick-Off

3:12
GOAL! Doncaster 0-1 Gillingham: Donnelly
Doncaster have won once after conceding first, the Gills 5 times. Rovers have lost 9 of the 12 they let in the opening goal in (3 / 5 at home).

3:33
Bradley Dack hits the underside of the bar.
The Gills hit the woodwork 12 times last season. It has happened 15 times so far this season with Dack doing it for the 6th time in his career.

3:50 Half-time: 0-1

3:55
Doncaster have recovered just 1 point when losing at half time in the league. 6 out of 7 (and 2 out of 2 at home) ended in defeat for them.

4:05
The second half kicks off.

4:07
GOAL! Doncaster 0-2 Gillingham: Donnelly
Rory Donnelly scores the Gills' 5th brace of the season. He has 3 of them! We haven't scored a hat-trick since November 2011.

4:35
GOAL! Doncaster 1-2 Gillingham.

4:48
GOAL! Doncaster 2-2 Gillingham.

4:52
After conceding 3 last 10 minute goals in just 25 games, the Gills have now let in 4 in their last 7.

4:59 FULL-TIME: 2-2

Position: 3rd
Attendance: -
Referee: Nigel Miller
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: [ 16 Jan 16 ] Doncaster v GILLS Match Thread

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:42 am

Another long trip,and tough game for us.Doncaster are doing well under Ferguson so it wont be easy.Hopefully we can bounce back from that hurtful defeat at Wigan last week.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:53 pm

I think Gillingham will line up as follows.......................

----------------------------------Nelson---------------------------------------
Jackson-------------Egan----------------------Ehmer-----------------Garmston
----------------------------------Wright------------------------------------------
---------------Hessenthaler-------------------A.Morris---------------------------
----------------------------------Dack---------------------------------------------
-------------------Samuel--------------------Donnelly---------------------------

Subs: G.Morris (GK), B.Dickenson, Osadebe, Loft, McGlashan, Norris, List

I think Justin Edinburgh will stick with the same team that started against Wigan Athletic, with the only change being made among the substitutes bench as Brennan Dickenson will take Ben Williamson's spot in the eighteen man match day squad, now that Ben Williamson has signed for Cambridge United on a permanent basis.

Hopefully we will come back from The Keepmoat Stadium with all three points - COME ON THE GILLS!!!!!!!!
fan_of_mulligan

Postby baronnight » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:41 am

I would like to see Dickenson start, I don't know if Garmston is carrying a injury but he didn't seem to have any speed last week, lost the ball with virtually every touch, Crossing was abysmal (though it's never been good) apart from that I would keep it the same.
Hopefully back to winning ways.
baronnight

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:23 pm

Another two goal lead blown! We seemed well in control until they pulled one back,and then they equalised and we were hanging on.Like the Wigan game it seems as soon as Wright gets subbed we lose our solid midfield.I would have taken a point before the game,but at 0-2 up a draw feels a bit like a defeat.Great to see Donnelly score a braxe,and that is his 10th goal of the season.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Rimshot » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:02 pm

That's three times in close succession we have surrendered a two goal advantage, it's a frailty which is the main reason I don't believe we will get a top two place. It doesn't bode well for the playoffs either if you are poor under pressure. I don't want to be too critical because we are competing and scoring goals.
Rimshot

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:20 pm

http://fan-of-mulligan.tumblr.com/post/137949136432/fom-blog-doncaster-rovers-2-2-gillingham

This is My FOM BLOG for The 2-2 draw against Doncaster Rovers - Enjoy. :D
fan_of_mulligan

Return to Match Discussions