[ 2 Jan 16 ] GILLS v Bradford Match Thread

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the Match

Poll ended at Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:05 pm

Stuart Nelson
No votes
Ryan Jackson
No votes
Bradley Garmston
No votes
John Egan
No votes
Max Ehmer
No votes
Josh Wright
No votes
Jake Hessenthaler
No votes
Aaron Morris
No votes
Bradley Dack
75%
Rory Donnelly
No votes
Dominic Samuel
25%
Luke Norris
No votes
Doug Loft
No votes
Elliott List
No votes

Total votes : 4

[ 2 Jan 16 ] GILLS v Bradford Match Thread

Postby Garawa » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:39 pm

The Gills lead the wins over Bradford by 21 to 12 and have won the last 2 meetings as well as being unbeaten in 4.

Today's game is Bradford's 4th consecutive league game on the road.

Bradford lost 2 of their last 3 on the road (their only defeats in 12 league games) but have also won 4 out of 7 keeping 4 clean sheets in the process.

There have been 47 goals scored in Bradford's league games this season, 28 fewer than the Gills and the lowest in the division.

Bradford had previously conceded just 6 first half goals to the Gills 20 but the Gills had conceded 9 second half goals to Bradford's 17.

Both sides have scored first in 13 games this season & both have won 9 of them (@TheGillsFC 6 out of 7 at home, Bradford 5 out of 6 away)

3:02 Kick-Off

3:06
GOAL! Gillingham 1-0 Bradford City: Dack
Bradford have yet to win in the league after conceding the first goal, previously drawing 2 and losing 4 of the 6 occasions.

3:13
GOAL! Gillingham 2-0 Bradford City: Donnelly

3:25
John Egan clears a shot off the line and from inside the goalmouth.

3:48 Half-time 2-0

4:03
The second half kicks off.

4:35
Doug Loft replaces Josh Wright.

4:47
GOAL! Gillingham 3-0 Bradford City: Loft

4:52
Elliott List replaces injured substitute Luke Norris.

4:54
Substitute Nathan Clarke is sent off for a foul on Elliott List on the edge of the box.

4:55 FULL-TIME 3-0

Position: 2nd
Attendance: 6,446 (361)
Referee: Philip Gibbs
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: [ 2 Jan 16 ] GILLS v Bradford Match Thread

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:56 pm

The last of the Christmas busy schedule.It would be fantastic to start 2016 on a high,and also hit 50 points in early January which is practically safety.Bradford are a big tall side so they will put a lot of dangerous balls in the box.Hopefully the four day rest will do us good.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:58 pm

I think Gillingham will line up as follows.......................

----------------------------------Nelson---------------------------------------
Jackson-------------Egan----------------------Ehmer-----------------Garmston
----------------------------------Wright------------------------------------------
---------------Hessenthaler-------------------A.Morris---------------------------
----------------------------------Dack---------------------------------------------
-------------------Samuel--------------------Donnelly---------------------------

Subs: G.Morris (GK), Oshilaja, Osadebe, Loft, McGlashan, B.Dickenson, Norris

I think Justin Edinburgh will stick with the same team that won 1-0 against Colchester United on Monday, the only change I can see happening is Doug Loft in for Josh Wright if Josh Wright's injury is too severe for Josh to play against Bradford City tomorrow, but I have gone with Josh Wright starting and hopefully he does play tomorrow as well.

Up until Christmas Bradford City were on a very decent unbeaten run but defeats against Sheffield United and Walsall have halted there progress up the league table, I am expecting a very challenging match tomorrow, but it should be a challenge that Gillingham are up to as The Gills have picked up nine points out of nine, here's hoping that Gillingham can make it twelve points out of twelve with another win tomorrow - COME ON THE GILLS!!!!!!
fan_of_mulligan

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:56 pm

I listened on Gillsplayer,but what a start we made.Goals from Dack & Donnelly to put us in control early on,and nearly 3-0 on 20 minutes.There were a few nervy moments listening as we cleared off the line and Cole & McCardle both missed good chances.The second half did sound quiter,and the killer goal from Loft rounded off a good result.A shame that Norris went off injured,and we will have to see if Oshilaja & Samuel can get their loans extended.

50 points at the start of January is incredible,and hopefully we can keep it going!
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Garawa » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:09 pm

Needed a good game at home and this was it. Heard all sorts of comments about whether we were the lesser side but still worth the win?!?! Not sure that really goes together really but I thought both sides were fairly even but we took the chances. Added to that we had a keeper and defence that kept the ball out.....its not just goal scorers that win games!

Dack was superb and worth the MOM award but worryingly it looks as if Norris may have his injury reoccured.

Garawa

Postby baronnight » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:26 pm

There were a couple of spells in the game where we looked real class, if only we could bottle it. Cut out the poor spells where we give the ball away far to easy and we could walk this league, unfortunately I think there will be games against poor opposition where we gift them the points, until then I will wallow in the smug feeling of winning 4 on the trot. :P
baronnight

Postby lidbid46 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:36 pm

I thought Samuel looked a class above and will be a big loss if we can't extend his loan. I have just seen that the reading coach has left after only a few days so something is wrong there. Am I right in thinking Samuel is on loan from reading? I hope there is some good news on this soon.
lidbid46

Postby Garawa » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:06 pm

He is, I thought he had one of quieter games! Just watched the goals and Dack looked like he had a hand in all 3 I believe! Scored the first, and assist for the second, cheekily flicked a lobbed ball to Jackson who supplied Loft for the third and even played the ball through to List who was hauled down on the edge of the box for the red card! If he stays in January I would be shocked. If Alli was worth £5m for a top PL side why is Dack only apparently being courted by Championship sides.

Garawa

Postby lidbid46 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:11 am

If he does go I hope he waits until the end of the window to play as many games for us as possible. We would be able to cover him using the loan market which JE seems to understand very well. Or maybe a club will loan him back to us like Spurs did with Ali. He is not a one man team but he is vital to the way we play and he gets others going as well.
lidbid46

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:04 pm

http://fan-of-mulligan.tumblr.com/post/136743533527/fom-blog-gillingham-3-0-bradford-city

This Is My FOM BLOG for Gillingham's 3-0 win against Bradford City at the weekend - Enjoy :D
fan_of_mulligan

Return to Match Discussions