[ 6 Oct 15 ] GILLS v Luton Town Match Thread (JPT)

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the match

Poll ended at Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:50 pm

Stuart Nelson
No votes
Aaron Morris
No votes
Max Ehmer
50%
Harry Lenton
No votes
Brennan Dickenson
No votes
Jordan Houghton
No votes
Emmanuel Osadebe
50%
Jake Hessenthaler
No votes
Jermaine McGlashan
No votes
Luke Norris
No votes
Cody Mcdonald
No votes
Bradley Garmston
No votes
Ben Williamson
No votes
Bradley Dack
No votes

Total votes : 2

[ 6 Oct 15 ] GILLS v Luton Town Match Thread (JPT)

Postby Garawa » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:26 pm

The Gills beat Colchester away in this round last season. The previous 5 matches in this round were all at home including a 4-3 win over Luton.

After 3 wins from 4 ties against Luton, the last match ended 0-0 and the last match at Priestfield ended 0-1. Luton lead the wins 28-17.

The Gills are 4th in League 1 and top scorers in the division with 22 goals whilst Luton are 10th in League 2 and also top scorers with 21 (15 of which have come in their away league games)!

The Gills last 7 home ties in the second round of the Football League Trophy have only witnessed 1 win (against Luton) and 3 draws.

The Gills have scored the same number of goals and conceded just 2 more compared to the same number of games in the title winning season.

The Gills have won 3 and lost 3 penalty shoot outs in all the various guises of this competition over the years.

7:45
Kick-Off

8:26
GOAL! Gillingham 0-1 Luton Town

8:31
Half-time: 0-1

8:48
The second half kicks off.
Luton manager John Still makes all 3 possible changes at half time.

9:07
GOAL! Gillingham 1-1 Luton Town: Ehmer

9:26
GOAL! Gillingham 2-1 Luton Town: Dack

9:36
Full-time: 2-1

Attendance: ()
Referee: Michael Bull
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: [ 6 Oct 15 ] GILLS v Luton Town Match Thread (JPT)

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:43 pm

This should be another exciting game,they`re quite a handy side and score a few goals away from home.We can make 5-6 changes for the game,It would be nice to have another good JPT run,and go one further this year.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Garawa » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:20 am

I can see Williamson and Cody starting up front and McGlashan possibly coming into a 4 man midfield or even play 3 at the back and use Garmston and McGlashan as wing backs like we did towards the end of last season.

Garawa

Postby Rimshot » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:47 am

I dislike Luton as a club, from memories of the appalling Evans, their chairman who made Scally sound like Mother Teresa, their banning of away fans in support of the equally appalling Thatcher's 'initiative' and having to play a match on the artificial surface they installed.

The bounce of the ball was laughable and hitting the surface was like being sandpapered.

I really hope we give them a sound thrashing - they are all very naughty boys.
Rimshot

Postby Garawa » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:08 am

Lol, not sure too many are around now from all of that and I suspect they've gained a lot of neutral support after their 30 point deduction that took them out of the Football League. Could be an interesting game if both sides are the top scorers in their respective divisions but our record at home against tough teams in League 1 should see them off...........unless we make too many changes of course!

Garawa

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:37 pm

I think Gillingham will line up as follows.......................

----------------------------------Nelson---------------------------------------
A.Morris-----------Lennon-----------------Ehmer-------------------Garmston
----------------------------------Wright----------------------------------------
------------------Houghton-----------------Hessenthaler-----------------------
--------------------------------McGlashan---------------------------------------
--------------------Donnelly------------------McDonald-------------------------

Subs: G.Morris (GK), Osadebe, Dack, Norris, Williamson

IN Harry Lennon, Bradley Garmston, Jake Hessenthaler, Jermaine McGlashan and Cody McDonald, OUT John Egan, Brennan Dickenson, Doug Loft, Bradley Dack and Luke Norris.

Because we can only make five changes from the team that started against Oldham Athletic, and one of those changes is enforced, it means that we're restricted on the players we can rest and rotate for The Luton Town Game, because I would start Glenn Morris for this evenings game but if Glenn Morris starts then we can only make four out-field changes and I have gone with the option of five out-field changes.

The last two matches have seen twelve goals scored at Priestfield Stadium so will we see another goal-fest for the third successive home game ???, I would easily settle for a boring 1-0 win for Gillingham tonight - COME ON THE GILLS!!!!!!
fan_of_mulligan

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:02 pm

WOW must have been a great game , I am exhausted just reading all the reports you guys wrote about it. Armchair wanna be be managers writing a bunch of rubbish about what the team should be, and what they should have for lunch before the big game, how often they should use the bathroom, not one dam report about the game, perhaps your all still in the bar celebrating ?
gillsfan1066

Postby lidbid46 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:15 pm

OK Gillsfan, they scored, we scored, we scored again. I had a nice veggie thing at halftime and went home when it had finished. OK?!!
lidbid46

Postby Garawa » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:35 pm

And before you saying anything else Chicago, Lidbid's tongue in cheek comment sums up the match entirely for me! A poor game of few chances, of constantly kicking the ball out of play from every goal kick and just 2 shots on target! Thankfully, we were very accurate last night!

Garawa

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:42 pm

I thought it was a scrappy first half,and our performance was poor in that half as well.To go in 0-1 down as well made it worse.JED must have given the players a rocket at half-time as we saw a lot more energy and desire in the second half.The subs of Williamson,Garmston,and Dack improved us.McGlashan also had a much better second half as he found a lot of joy down the right.Once Ehmer equalised I felt we would win,and it proved to be right as Garmston`s great run down the left,and cross into the box found Dack who slotted home the winner.Nelson before had to make a good save,so it proved to be an important save.It wasn`t a good performance,but a case of job done in the end.It`s great to be in the JPT area QF`s again.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Next

Return to Match Discussions