[ 29 Aug 15 ] Peterboro v GILLS Match Thread

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the match

Poll ended at Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:56 pm

Stuart Nelson
No votes
Ryan Jackson
No votes
John Egan
No votes
Deji Oshilaja
100%
Brennan Dickenson
No votes
Josh Wright
No votes
Jordan Houghton
No votes
Jake Hessenthaler
No votes
Bradley Dack
No votes
Rory Donnelly
No votes
Luke Norris
No votes
Emmanuel Osadebe
No votes
Doug Loft
No votes
Cody McDonald
No votes

Total votes : 1

[ 29 Aug 15 ] Peterboro v GILLS Match Thread

Postby Garawa » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:44 pm

The Gills have won 4 out of the last 7 ties against Peterboro. They came in "doubles" last season and in 1996/7 whilst Posh have won twice in between.

Both sides form improved from league game 26 last season however, unlike the Gills, Utd's run dipped from 8 wins in 13 to just 2 wins in 12.

Peterboro suffered 6 defeats from their last 12 league matches whilst the Gills have tasted defeat twice.

Peterboro had 8 red cards in the league last season, the most in League 1.

Peterboro have conceded 9 goals in just 3 games (and have lost their last 3) but the Gills have conceded 8 in 9 games.

The Gills have yet to concede a second half goal in the league so far this season and have scored 5.

Before today Peterboro had been behind for a total of 189 minutes, longer than any other League 1 side. It works out at an average of 47.3 minutes per game.

3:01
Kick Off.

3:35
The Gills have only scored 7 goals in the first half of the last 15 away games but despite the lack of goals they won 5 and drew 6 of them.

3:47
Half-time: 0-0

3:52
Peterborough have previously been behind at the break in 3 out of their 4 league games so far this season and ended up losing all 3 of them.

4:03
The second half kicks off.

4:27
Luke Norris hits the woodwork for the second time this season. The Gills have done it twice this season and so to have our opponents.

4:41
Luke Norris has hit the woodwork 3 times now this season having not done so at all last season.

4:43
GOAL! Peterborough 0-1 Gillingham: Oshilaja
Peterboro conceded the opening goal in 24 of their league games last season, 6 more than they scored, and have now let in the opener in all 5 games this season.

4:45
Peterborough now hit the woodwork!

4:48
GOAL! Peterborough 1-1 Gillingham.

4:53
FULL-TIME: 1-1

Attendance: 5,083 (728)
Referee: Keith Stroud
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: [ 29 Aug 15 ] Peterboro v GILLS Match Thread

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:38 pm

I`m confident we can continue our unbeaten league run should we not let Tuesday`s cup defeat affect us.Peterborough have not had a good start,and got thrashed at home on Tuesday night.I think we can get at least a point if we play how we can.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:07 pm

I think Gillingham will line up as follows.......................

----------------------------------Nelson---------------------------------------
Jackson-------------Egan-------------------Ehmer-----------------B.Dickenson
----------------------------------Wright----------------------------------------
-------------------Houghton--------------Hessenthaler------------------------
-----------------------------------Dack------------------------------------------
--------------------Norris------------------Donnelly-----------------------------

Subs: G.Morris (GK), Oshilaja, Garmston, Loft, McGlashan, McDonald, Williamson

I can see there being a few selection headache's for Justin Edinburgh to decide for tomorrow's match against Peterborough United, who out of John Egan, Adedeji Oshilaja and Max Ehmer misses out, does Brennan Dickenson or Bradley Garmston start up-front, and which three strikers out of Rory Donnelly, Ben Williamson and Luke Norris start up-front (I don't think Cody McDonald is fully fit to start), but when Cody McDonald is fully fit then Justin Edinburgh will have four strikers pushing for two positions on the pitch.

I have had a go at predicting the starting eleven above, and no doubt there will be a different team and probably a different formation picked by Justin Edinburgh as it is very difficult to predict precisely how Gillingham are going to line up - which is a good thing, because if we cannot predict how Gillingham will line up, then how are the opposition supposed to deal with the way Gillingham are going to play if there not sure on the players selected or the formation named prior to kick off.

Last Season, Peterborough United Away was Justin Edinburgh's first game in-charge and Gillingham won 2-1, and I think we're more then capable of replicating that same performance again tomorrow as Gillingham have improved and Peterborough United look weaker this season, here's hoping that Gillingham can get back to winning ways with a win tomorrow - COME ON THE GILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!
fan_of_mulligan

Postby baronnight » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:21 am

Whilst it looks good for a win after the poor start by Posh you do need to look at their losses, away at Burton and Rochdale and home to Sheffield United, all 3 are good teams likely to do well this season, the only easier fixture they had resulted in a victory over Colchester.

I'm hoping for another 2 - 1 win if we go there with confidence yet avoid over confidence.
baronnight

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:44 pm

I would have taken a point before the game,but feel a bit disappointed to draw after we went ahead on 85 minutes.It seemed like we both had a lot of chances,and maybe we we lacked that killer instinct today.I`m very pleased that we have finished a tough August unbeaten in the league.Looking at the fixtures we all expected a tough month,so to have 11 points out of 15 is very good.Two home games now,and hopefully we can continue our good run.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Return to Match Discussions