[ 14 Apr 15 ] Preston v Gills Match Thread

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the match

Glenn Morris
No votes
John Egan
No votes
Max Ehmer
No votes
Leon Legge
No votes
Amari'i Bell
No votes
Jermaine McGlashan
No votes
Doug Loft
No votes
Aaron Morris
No votes
Bradley Dack
No votes
John Marquis
No votes
Cody Mcdonald
No votes
Luke Norris
No votes
Brennan Dickenson
No votes
Josh Pritchard
No votes

Total votes : 0

[ 14 Apr 15 ] Preston v Gills Match Thread

Postby Garawa » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:54 pm

The Gills didn't win any of their last 4 away games last season (drawing 1 of them). We also failed to win any of the last 7 in the previous season.

Preston have won 6 of the last 9 ties between the sides (including the last 4). The Gills have only won once in 10 against Preston.

Crossing over from last season Preston have only lost once in 33 home league games. The last came 13 matches ago against Bradford City.

Preston have led at the break 20 times and are unbeaten when doing so (winning 16). They have been behind 6 times and only lost 3 of them.

Preston have scored in each of their home league games and have conceded just 4 in their last 8. They are unbeaten in 14 in the league.

Before today, Preston had conceded just 34 goals in the league, fewer than any other side (27 fewer than the Gills).

Preston have kept 20 clean sheets in League 1 (the joint highest in the league). They have also had just 2 blank sheets (the lowest).

7:45
Kick-Off

8:21
GOAL! Preston 1-0 Gillingham.

8:32
GOAL! Preston 2-0 Gillingham.

8:33
Half-time: 2-0

8:49
The second half kicks-off.

9:02
GOAL! Preston 2-1 Gillingham: McGlashan

9:35
GOAL! Preston 2-2 Gillingham: Legge

9:40
Full-time: 2-2

Attendance: 9,417 (127)
Referee: David Coote
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: [ 14 Apr 15 ] Preston v Gills Match Thread

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:04 pm

A tough game up at Preston on Tuesday.They will finish in second place and will deservedly go up.It is unlikely we will get anything from the game,but a draw would be fantastic.The pressure is off,but we will still want to get more points and hit 60 points.

Will Marquis start in place of Norris after his goal on Saturday?
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:02 pm

I think Gillingham will line up as follows.......................

---------------------------------G.Morris--------------------------------------
--------------Egan---------------Legge-----------------Ehmer----------------
McGlashan---------A.Morris------------------Loft------------------------Bell
-----------------------------------Dack----------------------------------------
--------------------McDonald---------------Marquis--------------------------

Subs: Nelson (GK), Hoyte, Hessenthaler, Pritchard, Muldoon, Dickenson, Freiter

I think Gillingham will stick with the 3.4.1.2 formation that we named against Leyton Orient and Bradford City which means that Gills will keep with the three man central defensive partnership of John Egan, Leon Legge and Max Ehmer with Jermaine McGlashan and Amari'i Bell providing Gillingham with pace and width on both flanks, after scoring the winning goal against Bradford City on Saturday John Marquis has to start alongside Cody McDonald up-front and hopefully by going for it with two strikers up-front tomorrow, then Gillingham might catch Preston North End out by surprise because they might expect Gillingham to line up with a defensive set up looking to frustrate Preston North End and make sure we defend with two banks of four.

But with Kevin Davies, Jermaine Beckford, Paul Gallagher, Joe Garner, Callum Robinson and Sylvan Ebanks-Blake in Preston North End's Squad, that is only going to work for so long before they eventually stick the ball into the back of the net, and Gillingham tend to play better football when we're taking the game to the opposition anyway, I think Luke Norris might miss tomorrow's match with a stomach injury and with Antonio German released today then young Michael Freiter will probably be named among the substitutes as we don't have any out and out centre forward's available.

I will be traveling via Kings Ferry tomorrow and the coach leaves at 11.30AM in the morning, and I will be probably be back home at 4AM in the morning as well, who decided to put Preston North End Away on a Tuesday Night ???
fan_of_mulligan

Postby CadburyMan » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:44 pm

I'd have taken the draw if it was offered - tough place to go and get anything
CadburyMan

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:52 pm

It sounded a bit like a game of two half`s.Preston should have been out of sight at half-time as they missed quite a few chances.At 2-0 you think we were going to get thrashed 4 or 5-0,but the Team sounded much better in the second half.Once McGlashan scored we seemed to have a good spell and put them under pressure.I still never expected a later equaliser from Legge.A draw before the game would have been great,but after coming back from 2-0 down when the game looked dead it feels a bit like a win.We don`t fear anyone away since the year started as the results at Swindon,Peterborough,Bristol City,and Preston show.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Return to Match Discussions