[ 28 Mar 15 ] Crawley v Gills Match Thread

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the Match

Aaron Morris
No votes
Gavin Hoyte
No votes
Amari'i Bell
No votes
Max Ehmer
No votes
John Egan
No votes
Doug Loft (c)
No votes
Aaron Morris
No votes
Jermaine McGlashan
No votes
Bradley Dack
67%
Luke Norris
No votes
John Marquis
33%
Cody McDonald
No votes
Brennan Dickenson
No votes

Total votes : 3

[ 28 Mar 15 ] Crawley v Gills Match Thread

Postby Garawa » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:03 pm

The previous trips to the Broadfield Stadium have seen Crawley twice win 3-2 and the Gills (including in our last visit) twice win 2-1.

Only 1 of the 4 trips to Crawley did not witness a red card and there have been 5 in total (3 for the Gills). The players sent off were: Joe Martin, Charlie Lee and Luke Rooney for the Gills. Gary Alexander and Claud Davis saw red for Crawley.

The Gills are unbeaten against Crawley in their last 3 matches (since 8th March 2014) and have won 2 of them.

This is the Gills 4th away game in 6 and the 8th in 13. We have lost 1 of our last 7 away trips.

The Gills have only won once in 7 games but also only lost twice in the last 14.

The Gills worst run without a league win this season spanned 8 games. Crawley went 13 without one but then went on to win 6 of their last 11.

No side in the league have conceded more second half goals at home than Crawley (20).

Both the Gills and Crawley's best winning run in the league was for 3 matches. Crawley's have all come in their last 3 games.

Izale McLeod is the host's top scorer with 18. Before today his 16 league goals was 37.2% of his sides league tally for the season.

3:01
Kick-Off

3:02
Marquis and Norris start up front together this afternoon. They have previously traded places with each in 6 games and played at the same time for a total of 57 minutes in 5 games.

3:32
"Gills totally dominating the match both territorially and with possession" - Peter Lloyd, Radio Kent

3:41
GOAL! Crawley 0-1 Gillingham: Dack
Bradley Dack scores his 9th goal of the season and his 16th for the club overall.

3:44
Crawley have yet to win when they concede first at home, losing 5 out of 8.

3:49
Half-time: 0-1
Crawley haven't won from the 7 times they were losing at the break at home. They drew 3 and lost 4.

3:52
Crawley have now only scored 5 and conceded 10 first half goals at home in the league (half the amount they scored away) but previously have scored 19 and conceded 20 in the second half.

3:56
The Gills have now scored just 3 goals in the first halves of their last 8 away games but scored 7 in the second halves of the previous 7.

4:05
Second half resumes. Town make 2 changes at half time.

4:23
GOAL! Crawley 1-1 Gillingham
Izale McLeod scores. He is the host's top scorer with 19 and his 17 league goals is 39.5% of his sides league tally for the season.

4:35
1,111 Gills fans at Crawley today (31.1% of the gate). Last season we made up 25.1% of the gate taking 998. Crawley brought 382 (6.4%) and 210 (4.3%) in their last 2 visits to Priestfield.

4:38
Max Ehmer hits the post.

4:41
GOAL! Crawley 1-2 Gillingham: McGlashan
The Gills under Justin Edinburgh have now scored the 3rd goal in an away match for the 4th time in 5.

4:50
Crawley clip the outside of the post.

4:54
FULL-TIME: 1-2

Referee: Trevor Kettle
Attendance: 3,570 (1,111)
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: [ 28 Mar 15 ] Crawley v Gills Match Thread

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:55 pm

Another tough game for us,as Crawley have really picked up of late.They have won their last three games and have pulled themselves out of the bottom four.We have not looked good the last couple of games,but hopefully we can go there and get a result.Gills will have a big away following and a win would put us within touching distance of safety.

Gills Team? I think Morris may keep his place in goal,But think Marquis will start in place of Norris.

G Morris
Hoyte,Egan,Ehmer,Bell
A Morris
Hessenthaler,Loft
Dack
Marquis,McDonald

Subs: Nelson,Legge,Galbraith,Dickenson,Muldoon,McGlashan,Norris
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yxR_dIaBUs

Justin Edinburgh looks ahead to tomorrow's match against Crawley Town in his Pre-Match Press Conference.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/edinburgh-still-all-to-play-34102/

Gillingham boss Justin Edinburgh says his team won’t be easing off.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/morris-set-to-keep-spot-34104/

Glenn Morris looks set to hold onto the keeper’s jersey when the Gills travel to Crawley on Saturday.
fan_of_mulligan

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:11 pm

I think Gillingham will line up as follows.......................

---------------------------------G.Morris--------------------------------------
Hoyte----------------Egan-------------------Ehmer----------------------Bell
---------------------------------A.Morris--------------------------------------
--------------Hessenthaler-----------------------------Loft-------------------
-----------------------------------Dack----------------------------------------
---------------------Norris-----------------Marquis----------------------------

Subs: Nelson (GK), Legge, Muldoon, Galbraith, McGlashan, Dickenson, McDonald

Glenn Morris will start in goal, and even though Justin Edinburgh has suggested that he will look to give those on the fringes of the first team a chance to show him what he can do, I cannot see any changes being made to the defence as Gavin Hoyte, John Egan, Max Ehmer and Amari'i Bell will complete Gillingham's Back Five and I expect the diamond midfield and the four man central midfield we played against Colchester United to remain unchanged as well.

But I do think we will see Luke Norris given a run of starts between now and the end of the season and after being rested against Colchester United, John Marquis will come back into the starting eleven for tomorrow's match against Crawley Town, I would always start Cody McDonald but I think we can expect to see a few surprises in Justin Edinburgh's team selections and dropping Cody McDonald to the bench is something I think could happen tomorrow.

For anyone going to the game tomorrow, I suggest arrive early and try and get a good spot as over 1,000 Gillingham Supporters are expected at Broadfield Stadium tomorrow, this is a game that Gillingham have got to win, just so that we reach that fifty point barrier and push for a top half finish in League One - COME ON THE GILLS!!!!!!!!!!!
fan_of_mulligan

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:18 pm

It is definitely a must not lose as the gap between us and the bottom four will get closer.We have been generally good away from home apart from Chesterfield in the last couple of months,so hopefully we can produce a good performance tomorrow.What we don`t want to be doing is making silly mistakes and being out of the game by half-time.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Garawa » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:02 pm

Sounded like Gills commanded the game. I have to say, at this stage of the season it very hard playing relegation threatened sides especially at home and rarely do you come out winners. Were our players trying to impress for next season or this a measure of what next season could bring? Very exciting. A goal and assist for Dack surely makes him man of the match.

Garawa

Postby Elgrande » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:57 pm

Why is the post out of time sequence?
Elgrande

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:04 am

I listened to the game and it sounded like we got what we deserved.We started quick and enjoyed a lot of the ball,and put pressure on them without testing their keeper.They did say it was the final ball that let us down at times.Dack putting us 0-1 up and in the lead at half-time.As expected Crawley were better in the second half,and they equalised through none other than McLeod who always grabs a goal against us.A draw looked likely,but we took the lead through McGlashan`s header.The 4 added minutes especially when listening felt like 10,but we got an important win.It was a must not lose game really and we have reached 51 points.I think we`re all but safe,but 54 points is always a nice target.If we have a good Easter we may even get back in the top half.

Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby CadburyMan » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:50 am

Sequence is puzzling me too
CadburyMan

Postby Garawa » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:57 pm

Sequence? It looks right on my screen!

Garawa

Next

Return to Match Discussions