[ 7 Mar 15 ] Gills v Doncaster Match Thread

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the Match

Stuart Nelson
No votes
Joe Martin
No votes
Gavin Hoyte
No votes
John Egan
No votes
Max Ehmer
No votes
Josh Pritchard
No votes
Doug Loft
No votes
Jake Hessenthaler
No votes
Bradley Dack
No votes
John Marquis
100%
Cody McDonald
No votes
Aaron Morris
No votes
Luke Norris
No votes
Jermaine McGlashan
No votes

Total votes : 3

Re: [ 7 Mar 15 ] Gills v Doncaster Match Thread

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:07 pm

I only saw the result but it looks a good result on paper.No change in the table from Tuesday night so onwards and upwards.Good to see Marquis score again.It`s a point and a point closer to safety/a play-off push.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Garawa » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:22 pm

Probably a fair result. Another game we scored in and 4 points from Swindon away and Doncaster on an upward run can't be bad. Furthermore Swindon beat Notts County at home 3-0 today that result is even better. The wind controlled the match, the players couldn't really get going a lot and Peter Lloyd summed it up perfectly for me after the game saying he felt both sets of players had left a lot on the pitch from Tuesday.

There has been criticism from the manager about the playing surface at Priestfield. Last season I felt our pitch looked good considering so many had been turned to mud. We then replaced it in the summer and haven't had as much rain or gone as long yet is looking very threadbare. Considering what we paid for it that has to be a concern and I can't see why to be honest.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:38 pm

Haven`t we also changed groundsman as well this season? The pitch definitely does not look as good as it did last season.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:33 am

Marry juana, guys probably got one of them wacky tobacky farms growing alongside the real turf,got to make a pay day some how, lol.
Good result today I guess seeing as there a pretty good away side , some tricky games coming up this month, dam BC again, then Chestfld away, Colchstr at home and Crawley away, the last two games we should be able to pick up maximum points from, but my bet is we pick up the points from the first two games, we seem to rise to the occasion and fall flat on our asses against the lower teams in the division.
Think a top 12 finish is about the best we can see this year, so on wards and upwards next season.
gillsfan1066

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:18 pm

I have voted for John Marquis as Gillingham's Man Of The Match as John Marquis scored Gillingham's equaliser before half time, Marquis work-rate, commitment and one touch layoffs are all very effective and I thought that everything good attacking wise went through John Marquis today.

I also thought that John Marquis was very unlucky not to have scored having created a attacking move all by himself with a double dummy, which completely tricked The Doncaster Rovers Defender, and John Marquis's shot across the face of goal was turned around the post by Stephen Bywater, the challenge Gillingham now face is making sure that John Marquis sign's for Gillingham on a permanent basis in the summer, which will prove to be even more difficult the more goals that John Marquis scores for Gillingham between now and the end of the season.
fan_of_mulligan

Previous

Return to Match Discussions