[ 7 Mar 15 ] Gills v Doncaster Match Thread

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the Match

Stuart Nelson
No votes
Joe Martin
No votes
Gavin Hoyte
No votes
John Egan
No votes
Max Ehmer
No votes
Josh Pritchard
No votes
Doug Loft
No votes
Jake Hessenthaler
No votes
Bradley Dack
No votes
John Marquis
100%
Cody McDonald
No votes
Aaron Morris
No votes
Luke Norris
No votes
Jermaine McGlashan
No votes

Total votes : 3

[ 7 Mar 15 ] Gills v Doncaster Match Thread

Postby Garawa » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:56 pm

The Gills have beaten Doncaster more times in both home and away games. At Priestfield they lead the wins 19 to just 2 for Doncaster overall it is 31 to 12.

Doncaster have won more points on the road (27 compared with 22 at home) and have scored more goals as well (26 compared with 17).

The Gills won 4 of their last 5 at home scoring 12 and conceding 6. Rovers won 1 and lost 1 of their last 5 away scoring 11 and conceding 9.

Doncaster have lost 4 times on the road in the league this season and conceded 3 in each of them (3 of which ended as 3-0 defeats).

Doncaster won 4 and drew 5 away league games (ending with a 5-0 win at Crawley) before losing 3-0 at Port Vale. They then drew 2-2 at Preston on Tuesday.

Since our first league away win of the season at Doncaster the Gills have won 8 from 17 games (47.1%). Before that it was 8 from 26 (30.8%).

Before today, despite their 6th position, Doncaster had been behind in the league for 1,079 minutes. Only Yeovil had been behind for longer (33 more).

3:01
Kick-Off

3:18
Dack has effort cleared off the line.

3:41
GOAL! Gillingham 0-1 Doncaster.

3:45
GOAL! Gillingham 1-1 Doncaster: Marquis
No teams scored first in fewer league games than Doncaster or Yeovil (10) but Rovers only dropped 2 points from them, the best total in League 1.

3:48
Half-time: 1-1

4:51
Full-time: 1-1
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: [ 7 Mar 15 ] Gills v Doncaster Match Thread

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:34 pm

OK little Buddy , when you like, finish changing the kids diapers, then for God sake man POST SOMETHING, I have got some serious thinking to do with regards to the UNLUCKY LEAGUE, or is this just another way of ensuring one of your TWO play mates wins the tourney and the MILLION BUCKS ??
Guess you have posted the info to them by e mail, but I am sure it will be on here 59 minutes before the game kicks off, too late for the rest of us to be able to use it in helping make our decisions.
That's OK, me and SIr Mr.Lidbit ( morning Mrs L, keeping well are we, lol, nod, nod , wink, wink, ) are going to post a NEW COMPETITION on here next year, find your way to the ground and for double points find your way home again ??
As a tease, here is question number one, .................. CAN YOU, find your way there ( and home, for double points ) to..........................OXFORD ?
gillsfan1066

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:26 pm

Tuesday`s great win at Swindon has set this game up perfectly.Doncaster are 4 points ahead of us in the last play-off place so a win for us will cut the gap.They`re a decent side and play good Football,so it could be an open game.The weather is set to be nicer so hopefully we get a better performance than two a week ago at Priestfield.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Garawa » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:47 pm

Doncaster are 6th and a win would take us a point behind them. I'm still finding it a little hard to take in just how quickly things have changed. I also can't help but think about a couple of games we capitulated in. Firstly Scunthorpe under an awful run came away 3-0 winners at Priestfield, then Chesterfield won there having also been on a bad run and could barely field enough players to play the match. Then Crewe, who were conceding goals like water through a sieve won when we looked more likely to take the points. Taking 7 points from those and we would be 6th having been in the relegation zone a few weeks ago.

Of course we have won games we shouldn't have on paper and it all balances out but we just didn't compete in ways he had previously. I think we have created a bit of stability both in possession and defence so it would be interesting where the next 18 months takes us. For those who haven't seen the "Fact of the Day", we are second in the last 6 form table, second in the last 10 form table, have scored more goals in both of those tables than any other League 1 side and are 7th in the last 10 game form guide of ALL 72 Football League Clubs. Amazing.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby lidbid46 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:13 am

It was ALDERSHOT!!!
lidbid46

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:10 pm

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/gills-ready-for-top-six-assault-32946/

Justin Edinburgh insists Gillingham are up for the challenge of making League 1’s top six.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmBCdo_snMU

Justin Edinburgh looks back on Gillingham's 3-0 away win against Swindon Town on Tuesday Night, and Justin Edinburgh speaks about Gillingham's up and coming match against Doncaster Rovers in the league tomorrow.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/mcdonald-up-against-a-familiar-32950/

Cody McDonald is hoping to have the last laugh when he meets a familiar face at Priestfield this weekend, The Gills striker will be looking to get the better of former loan goalkeeper Stephen Bywater on Saturday.
fan_of_mulligan

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:09 pm

fan_of_mulligan wrote:http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/gills-ready-for-top-six-assault-32946/

Justin Edinburgh insists Gillingham are up for the challenge of making League 1’s top six.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmBCdo_snMU

Justin Edinburgh looks back on Gillingham's 3-0 away win against Swindon Town on Tuesday Night, and Justin Edinburgh speaks about Gillingham's up and coming match against Doncaster Rovers in the league tomorrow.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/mcdonald-up-against-a-familiar-32950/

Cody McDonald is hoping to have the last laugh when he meets a familiar face at Priestfield this weekend, The Gills striker will be looking to get the better of former loan goalkeeper Stephen Bywater on Saturday.

Hopefully Bywater can make a mistake so we can win tomorrow ;) I`m sure he will get a good reception as Bywater`s loan spell for the most part was a successful one.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:13 pm

I think Gillingham will line up as follows.......................

----------------------------------Nelson--------------------------------------
Hoyte----------------Egan-------------------Ehmer-------------------Martin
---------------------------------Pritchard-------------------------------------
------------Hessenthaler-------------------------------Loft-------------------
-----------------------------------Dack----------------------------------------
--------------------McDonald--------------Marquis----------------------------

Subs: G.Morris (GK), Legge, A. Morris, Galbraith, McGlashan, Dickenson, Norris

I don't think there will be any changes from the team that started against Swindon Town on Tuesday Night, I just hope we don't see our performance levels drop because The Barnsley Game was defiantly Gillingham's poorest performance in the last ten matches, the way we got into Swindon and didn't allow them any time or space on the ball is precisely how Gillingham need to play against Doncaster Rovers tomorrow.
fan_of_mulligan

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:00 am

Easy killer, thats question number 3, don't give everything away before the season starts. Jaysus, bit touchy aren't we,your the one that got got lost not me, one more outburst like that and I won't let you put up the $10,000 prize.
I v'e got a list of people who want to put up the prize, old Boomerang Bob wanted to put up 400,000 acres of land in Western Australia, that's good for grazing 56 sheep at least ,then I found out he had stole the land deed from some poor guys cabinet when he was on the run last month, so for now your still the guy to put up the money, but trust me buddy, one more outburst like that, and .
gillsfan1066

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:34 pm

https://twitter.com/Gids1980/status/574285753049612288

Paul Dickov's Post Match Press Conference.

https://twitter.com/footballheaven/status/574285279021899777

Stephen Bywater gives his thoughts on the 1-1 draw between Gillingham and Doncaster Rovers today.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/gills-v-doncaster-reaction-33044/

Justin Edinburgh felt both sides were hindered by the conditions on Saturday.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/gills-v-doncaster-player-33045/

John Marquis hopes Saturday’s point turns out to be a valuable one.
fan_of_mulligan

Next

Return to Match Discussions