MK Dons (H) - 14 Feb 15

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Re: Gillingham v MK Dons-Match Thread

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:24 pm

I was watching Soccer Saturday,and also had Twitter on as I didn`t fancy listening to the MK Dons coverage.The reports I read were we pressed them for 95 minutes and deserved the win.Our front three of Dack,Cody,and Marquis are working really well,and to not only beat MK Dons but score 4 goals against them is a great result.Like the other two games against Sheffield Utd,and Peterborough I would have taken a point before,so to get 9 points from these tough fixtures is fantastic.Confidence is high and the gap from the play-off`s and us is only two points.If we beat Yeovil then I will see us as play-off contenders.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Re: Gillingham v MK Dons-Match Thread

Postby Garawa » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:52 pm

This is 2 games now where I feel we have made sides at the top look ordinary. Sheffield Utd have beaten top side Bristol City 3-1 away and a couple of weeks ago beat then top side Swindon 2-0. In between that time they lost 2-0 at Priestfield and looked ordinary and like a side battling for survival.

MK Dons offered virtually nothing and their first goal was pretty much the first time they troubled our penalty area let alone goal. For a 10 minute spell after Cody's opener (a well worked free kick that saw Dack tap to his right and Cody make space before launching the ball in to the bottom left corner of the net) Utd could barely get out their own penalty area. The Gills constantly attacked and although all eyes were on Dele Alli (who had secured a £2m move to Spurs and was loaned back) it was Dack who ran the show and made it look silly. Galbraith was superb in this spell, breaking up play and his accurate passing allowed the Gills to camp in the Utd half. The goal then came and you felt the tide would turn but just over a minute later Dack got his goal. The Gills led at the break and even though the Dons had recovered to win more points from the games they were losing at the break, you couldn't help but feel the Gills were well on top. The ref tried his best to give every decision their way and led big fouls on our players go but to no avail!!! I didn't see it myself but many seem to think he even booked the same Dons player twice!

Dack fed Cody through and the keeper pushed his shot onto the post and 16 minutes later Hoyte challenged from behind to concede a penalty and make it 2-2. I was disappointed and I felt this was the chance gone now. We didn't deserve to be level even though I would have been happy with a draw before the match. Within 8 minute we were ahead for the 3rd time, first Dack fed Garmston who shot under the keeper from the left side of the box replicating exactly the same shot that went wide a few minutes before. 5 minutes later and Dack fed Marquis to make it the same score as on the opening day of the season away at MK Dons.

The display was defensively frail at times but dominant attacking-wise. The ref tried to ruin things but failed. Dack was deservedly man of the match with a goal and 3 assists which might have been 4 had Cody's shot not hit the post. Cody, Marquis, Galbraith, Egan and Ehmer put in composed performances and even Loft was much better. McGlashan didn't have a lot to do when he came on, Hoyte was OK and Garmston dangerous on the attack. Hopefully this wasn't just a response to the manager's first home game but this was a complete display the likes we haven't seen for ages. I'm not even sure there was a single player including Alli that I would have wished was on our side.

I hoped for a draw or 2 from the last 4 games but we have got 10 points. I felt Yeovil was the one to get the 3 points in and, although we generally lose these kind of games, they are bottom with poor results and the form we are in could win. It's then Barnsley who seem to be in free-fall having just lost their manager and getting thumped 5-1 at Crawley, a side everyone else has thumped this season! The recent miserable moments make these times seem fantastic and the form the likes of Dack are in I can't see it grinding to a halt.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: MK Dons (H) - 14 Feb 15

Postby lidbid46 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:58 pm

Not being picky but i think ali was sold for five million pounds to spurs. Texted my son after about 60 minutes to tell him spurs had signed the wrong player; they should have spent the money on dack!
lidbid46

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:52 pm

Not being picky but do you really "launch" the ball into the bottom corner of the net, or did you mean he was eating his lunch ?
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:03 pm

£5m? Even worse then! I did read two articles, one said £2m and the other £5m but as he didn't look worth a tenth of that I went for the lower amount!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Previous

Return to Match Discussions