MK Dons (H) - 14 Feb 15

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Gillingham v MK Dons-Match Thread

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:22 am

This is Edinburgh`s first home game,and there is a good feel around the club at the moment.Confidence is high,and we entertain a decent MK Dons side who are going for automatic promotion.They`re a good football side so I would be pleased with a point.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Re: Gillingham v MK Dons-Match Thread

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:28 am

Justin Edinburgh is hoping for a big crowd for the MK Dons match tomorrow.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/spor ... -us-31770/
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

MK Dons (H) - 14 Feb 15

Postby Garawa » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:18 pm

This is the 26th meeting between both MK Dons and Wimbledon. The Gills are unbeaten in 4 at home against them and we have lost twice in 13 ties. Overall the Gills have won 10 times, MK Dons/Wimbledon 7 and there have been 8 draws.

Cody McDonald scored his 13th goal against Sheffield Utd. MK Dons top scorers are Benik Afobe (19 goals and 30 apps), Dele Alli (13 and 34 apps) and Will Grigg (11 and 33 apps). Afobe has since returned to Wolves.

The Gills are the 7th highest scorers in League 1 but MK Dons are the highest and are the only side to score 6 goals in a league game (twice) and 7 once. MK Dons are also responsible for 2 of the 6 occasions in which 5 goals were scored in a game in the league (both in away games).

Despite being league top scorers, 4 teams have scored more in away games including Scunthorpe and Rochdale whilst Doncaster have the same (24)

Along with Rochdale, MK Dons have seen the most goals scored and conceded in their league games (87) whilst the Gills and Colchester have seen the second most (85)

Until their 2-1 defeat at Bradford on Monday, MK Dons were unbeaten in 6 and had lost just once in 19 league games (winning 11). The Gills are currently unbeaten in 6.

KM Dons have won 4, drawn 5 and lost 1 of their last 10 away league games scoring 14 goals and conceding just 6 (with 6 clean sheets).

Since beating Colchester 6-0 and Oldham 7-0 in consecutive home games, MK Dons have taken 9 games to score 13 goals (the Gills have scored 16 in 9).

A Gills win would be the first time we had won 4 home games in a row since April 2013.

3:00
Kick-Off

3:09
GOAL! Gillingham 1-0 MK Dons: McDonald

3:13
The Gills have won 8 from 12 when scoring the opening goal but MK Dons have 13 out of 16 so far this season.
MK Dons have conceded the opening goal 9 times before today (the 2nd fewest in League 1) but have clawed back 11 points by full time, the most points on average from the games they fell behind in.

3:37
GOAL! Gillingham 1-1 MK Dons.

3:38
GOAL! Gillingham 2-1 MK Dons: Dack

3:49
Half-time: 2-1
The Gills have won 4 of the 5 matches they led at half time. MK Dons are unbeaten in their 10 leads, winning 9.

4:10
Cody hits the woodwork.

4:20
The ball rolls into the Gills net as the referee blows for a foul.

4:26
Gavin Hoyte concedes a penalty at the Rainham End.
GOAL! Gillingham 2-2 MK Dons.

4:34
GOAL! Gillingham 3-2 MK Dons: Garmston
Bradley Garmston scores his first goal for the club.

4:39
GOAL! Gillingham 4-2 MK Dons: Marquis

4:54
Full-time: 4-2
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Garawa » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:35 pm

Some facts for the game can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1662

Garawa

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:41 pm

I think Gillingham will line up as follows.......................

----------------------------------Nelson--------------------------------------
Hoyte----------------Egan-------------------Ehmer-----------------Garmston
-------------------------------Hessenthaler-----------------------------------
------------Galbraith-----------------------------------Loft-------------------
-----------------------------------Dack----------------------------------------
--------------------McDonald--------------Marquis----------------------------

Subs: G.Morris (GK), Legge, Martin, Linganzi, McGlashan, Dickenson, Norris

I cannot see Gillingham making any changes to the team that started against Peterborough United on Tuesday Night, Jermaine McGlashan is so effective as an impact substitute that I will keep Jermaine McGlashan on the bench and bring him on with 20 - 25 minutes remaining because McGlashan keeps scoring or assisting goals when he comes on as a sub rather then starting matches.

I think Gillingham go into tomorrow's match against MK Dons with no expectations, no fear and we can almost treat tomorrow's match like a bonus game because if someone said to me a week a go that Gillingham would of picked up six points out of six against Sheffield United and Peterborough United then I wouldn't of believed them, combine the last two results with tomorrow being Justin Edinburgh's first home game in-charge for Gillingham and we're going to be a very dangerous team and MK Dons know this as well.

I think Gillingham can get something out of the game tomorrow, a week a go, I thought we might get three points from these three fixtures, but there is every possibility that Gillingham can pick up nine points out of a possible nine against Sheffield United, Peterborough United and MK Dons - COME ON THE GILLS!!!!!!!!
fan_of_mulligan

Postby Garawa » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:00 pm

This will be the key, I've said it most of the season. The young players are hungry and will do well if they learn each others game. We made far too many changes just for the sake of it earlier, the more they play the more they'll gel and the more they gel the more they'll win. Injuries aside of course. As Rob P said, better to have lesser players in the right spot than better ones in the wrong one. We've had Egan as right back when Hoyte wasn't selected, Hessenthaler right midfield ahead of McGlasghan. Loft left back when we didn't use they guy we had on loan, Dack's best role is forward midfield and it's all starting to show.

I don't expect anything from the game, we are due a defeat but if we do pull off a win I fully expect to get completely and utterly carried away!

Garawa

Postby baronnight » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:55 pm

It will be difficult for us to stop MK scoring (they're on 60 league goals so far) equally they are quite good defensively (only 27 conceded) I think we need to play our own game and not start changing a winning formula in a vane attempt to contain them, just stay positive and keep them on the back foot.
baronnight

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:39 am

Hope Glasgow doesn't play for a 0-0,even if we don't come away with points which I think we might, MKD are not the greatest team for scoring away from home, I would rather see us go down 2-3 than 0-1. This ten point cushion is nice,and with points I am pretty sure coming from the Yeovil and Barnsley games this won't be the end of the world should we drop a couple or three.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:05 am

I agree, I didn't see many points coming from this month with maybe only a win against Yeovil. We have already surpassed most people's expectations and getting something from this game would be astonishing, especially if we beat Yeovil as well. That has to be realms of manager of the month territory but who would it go to? Edinburgh, Lovell, Hare, Hessy or Patterson????

Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:27 pm

See I told you all along, great choice in Glasgow being bought in and nothing to worry about point wise, February just another month for the mighty Gills, and I am being proved right ,told you we would be heading for the play offs by the beginning of March didn't I ??
What a great score and only 5,000 turned up to see us blast MKDons (stupid name anyway) into next week, well done the Big Blue Machine wwwooww hhhoo report someone PLEASE, fed up with reading the scrolls,tell me what really happened.
gillsfan1066

Next

Return to Match Discussions