Peterboro Utd (A) - 10 Feb 15

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Peterborough Utd v Gillingham- Match Thread

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:25 pm

A tough mid-week fixture at Peterborough,and Justin Edinburgh`s first game as Gills Manager.Peterborough are underachieving at the moment so with the confidence we`re on there is no reason why we cannot get something from this game as well.A point would be good,a win would be fantastic and talk of the Playoffs would become a bigger talking point for some.

What would be your Gills Team?
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Re: Peterborough Utd v Gillingham- Match Thread

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:55 pm

One with it's feet on the ground,unlike Mr Finger Licking Good, haha a win 1-2 at Peterboro, yeah like thats going to happen.
Pst, this is like reversible syciolomogy, now they think there going to loose and they win, just you wait and see.
gillsfan1066

Peterboro Utd (A) - 10 Feb 15

Postby Garawa » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:05 pm

Peterboro have scored just 1 goal from their last 5 home games whilst the Gills scored in each of their last 6 away. Posh have 15 home goals so far this season whilst the Gills have 13 away.

Peterboro have lost 5 of their last 7 home league ties, the most recent being a 1-0 win over then 2nd bottom placed Yeovil.

Peterboro won 8 of their first 13 League 1 games but then only won 3 and lost 9 of the following 15. In the 2013/14 season they won 10 from their opening 12 league games before only managing 4 wins and 9 losses from the next 15.

The Gills sit on 35 points, the same total as last season after the same number of games, however last season saw 4 defeats out of the next 5 matches starting tonight.

Peterboro edge the wins over the Gills by 13-11, there have been 17 draws. Gills lost this tie 2-0 last season whilst the previous match saw a Gills win back in 1996 (Onoura in a 1-0 win).

Top scorer Marcus Maddison has 8 goals this season. In the last 2 seasons Britt Assombalonga scored 33 goals from 58 appearances after Dwight Gayle scored 13 in 29.

The last 6 match current form table has the Gills in 7th and Posh in 14th whilst the last 10 sees the Gills in 9th and Posh in 18th.

A Gills win would put them level on points with Peterboro having been 13 points and 16 places behind them after 13 league games.

7:45
Kick-Off

7:56
Peterboro hit the woodwork. It is the 21st time the frame has been rattled by the opposition in Gills games, the Gills have done it 8 times.

8:16
GOAL! Peterboro 0-1 Gillingham: Dack
Dack scores his 5th goal in 10 games. 3 of his previous 5 goals this season have proved to be the winning goal.

8:19
The Gills have managed to score first in 6 away games (winning 2 of the previous 5) 2 more than Peterboro managed at home.

8:24
The Gills have scored from each of their last 4 shots on target. 1 in tonight's game, 2 against Sheffield Utd and Dack's goal against Walsall.

8:34
Half-time: 0-1
Peterboro are the only side in the league yet to pick up a single point after being behind at the break. They have lost all 6 so far (4 at home).

9:00
GOAL! Peterboro 1-1 Gillingham.

9:24
GOAL! Peterboro 1-2 Gillingham: Marquis
Marquis scores his 4th goal for the club in just 5 appearances.

9:42
Full-time: 1-2

Gills complete a double over Peterboro with two 2-1 victories over the former play-off placed side.

9:44
The Gills have 2 defeats in 7 away league games and only suffered 2 losses in a row this season (better than 7 other sides in the division). Barnsley and Crawley currently have 6 straight away losses, Port Vale 4 and Sheff Utd 3 consecutive away defeats.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:26 pm

gillsfan1066 wrote:One with it's feet on the ground,unlike Mr Finger Licking Good, haha a win 1-2 at Peterboro, yeah like thats going to happen.
Pst, this is like reversible syciolomogy, now they think there going to loose and they win, just you wait and see.

I wont be talking of the playoff`s as we would need to keep the consistency up until the end of the season,but some might ;)
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:01 pm

I think Gillingham will line up as follows.......................

----------------------------------Nelson--------------------------------------
Hoyte----------------Egan-------------------Ehmer-----------------Garmston
-------------------------------Hessenthaler-----------------------------------
-----------McGlashan-----------------------------------Loft------------------
-----------------------------------Dack----------------------------------------
--------------------McDonald--------------Marquis----------------------------

Subs: G.Morris (GK), Legge, McKain, Dickenson, Galbraith, Norris, German

I think Josh Pritchard won't recover in time after his knock in our 2 - 0 win against Sheffield United and Jermaine McGlashan will be given the chance to start tomorrow after his impressive substitute appearance on Saturday where McGlashan scored and assisted Cody McDonald in a impressive eleven minute cameo appearance, injuries are taking it's toll on our squad and other then the eighteen I have mentioned we have basically got Development Squad and Youth Team Players outside the eighteen, so I am expecting Justin Edinburgh to make a few loan signing to strengthen the squad in all out-field positions, because we do lack a bit of squad depth.

I think we can be confidant tomorrow, Peterborough United don't have the firepower they had last season and with Gillingham's recent run we can go to Peterborough United and get a result - COME ON THE GILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fan_of_mulligan

Postby baronnight » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:32 am

Another match where we need to get something from the game, with Coventry v Scun Thorpe and Crewe v Yeovil at least 2 of the teams below us will get some points, also Notts County v Orient could mean Notts pulling away if we fail to win.
I'm not expecting a lot of changes to the team apart from the obvious injury concern.
baronnight

Postby Garawa » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:56 pm

I wonder if Dack might be dropped after the news today, his head might be elsewhere after being embroiled in a scandal involving Nathan Nyafli. This is the news article, its best not to speculate on this one I feel guys!! http://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/n ... ape-31605/

Garawa

Postby Robpthegills » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:52 pm

His mind was on GOAL

Get in there, what a win. Superb win.

This month looked like a month of woe and anguish, yet here we are 6 pts from 6, 10 pts clear of relegation and 4 points from the play offs lol you have to love football.

Not getting carried away, but to have some breathing space from the relegation zone whilst JE finds his feet is good for me.

Excellent work and a big up to the players and the staff
Robpthegills

Postby Garawa » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:11 pm

Rimshot, what are your views from recent on field events? I genuinely want to hear your views and please don't think I am being argumentative because I am far from it. Earlier in the season I felt we were playing some good football but it wasn't producing results and the stats suggested otherwise, you felt I was deluded. When we went on our winless run I felt it was just a bad run we were having and that results would turn a corner. I have to say I am surprised at just how they have turned and I fully accept this run may be a little too good and will settle down but we have a genuine chance to achieve something this season and sides like us that have a late surge can often go all the way! It's too early for us and would cost us in the long run but we have won some decent points against tough opposition. These are pretty much the same players doing the same job just with fewer changes and more in their most favoured positions. Long may it continue.

Garawa

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:37 pm

A great result at a ground we had not won at since 1996! I fully expected a defeat,and would have been happy with a point.To get all three is great.We survived the pressure from Peterborough who sounded like they had the better chances and more possession,they just didn`t take them.Our current form is 2nd in the League,and looking at this Month I wasn`t expecting 6 points,and we have already achieved that.A great start to Edinburgh`s tenure,and we have good breathing space from the bottom 4.10 points clear,and only 4 points off the playoff`s.It`s great being a fan at the moment.

Kent_UckyFriedGills

Next

Return to Match Discussions