Sheff Utd (H) - 7 Feb 15

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Re: Gillingham v Sheffield Utd-Match Thread

Postby Rimshot » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:17 pm

A good day all round, well done gfc
Rimshot

Postby lidbid46 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:59 pm

I loved yesterday; just like the old days! A few weeks ago I wasn't sure why I was still going to games but now I remember and can't wait for the next one! Oh and for those who complain about no atmosphere, being in the RE was the best it has been for a while; I came home happy with no voice! Up the Gills!!
lidbid46

Postby Garawa » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:09 pm

Parts of the game were LOUD! Loved the constant handball chants for every pass of the ball in irony of their fans appealing for handball every time the ball hit anything other than a foot! For a side in 6th I thought they were very average and they rolled around on the floor from every mild challenge like a side bottom of the league. We deserved the win from our second half performance, we actually looked like trying to win the game but, up until about half way into the second half it was a fairly dull game with very few chances and we never had a shot on target until the 86th minute when we scored the winning goal. 3 wins in a row at home for the first time in a year, unbeaten in 5, scored in the 18th consecutive match and a first clean sheet in the league in 20 attempts all after unveiling a new manager. That has to feel like a clean slate for many!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby lidbid46 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:04 pm

I agree. Everyone seemed very excited right from the start. It seems a completely different place to a few weeks ago when everyone was nervous from the first whistle.
lidbid46

Previous

Return to Match Discussions