Walsall (A) - 1 Feb 15

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Re: Walsall v Gillingham-Match Thread

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:56 pm

So would your if you had to live with Dad,work with Dad, ride the tandem backwards and forwards to training with Dad sitting on the front seat, I thought this kid was going to be the next Andy H ,but I guess recently he has been proving he is not. He will be playing for Ebbsfleet by the time next season starts.
gillsfan1066

Postby CadburyMan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:19 am

Just my impression on the night; didn't do too much wrong but I have seen him a little more adventurous
and we can all have a bad day at the office.

Maybe he was playing under instruction
CadburyMan

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:30 pm

CadburyMan wrote:Was a tad disappointed for Jake Hessenthaller - looked quite nervous and his confidence/adventure seemed to sap as the game went on.

Cadbury, I thought Jake Hessenthaler looked fatigued last night as Jake Hessenthaler has started the last eight matches and he looks like a player who can do with a break, but we don't have anyone in the squad who can cover in central midfield because our four central midfielders all started last night, with Doug Loft looked very dodgy at left back.
fan_of_mulligan

Postby Garawa » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:19 pm

He has played a lot so perhaps he needs a little rest. Recently he has been in more of a holding role as well to allow the likes of Dack to push further up so perhaps that is part of it rather than being in a straight 4 in midfield?
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby CadburyMan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:42 pm

Link to Express & Star for local report :-

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/oth ... -pictures/
CadburyMan

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:00 pm

I listened to the game,and it sounded like Walsall were much the better Team in the first half.Nelson making 4-5 important saves.Our goal seemed to come against the run of play and Dack who is finding form scored through the keepers legs.It was disappointing to concede not long after,their goal seemed a bit soft and I feel from the highlights we could have defended it better.It`s a good point though when Walsall had large dominant spells,and it continues our unbeaten run.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:45 pm

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/walsall-v-gills-player-31119/

Bradley Dack believes the team have learned their lessons from past mistakes as Gillingham held on to a 1-1 draw away at Walsall.

Bradley Dack hopes to score at least ten goals from midfield for Gillingham this season.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/walsall-v-gills-reaction-31118/

Darren Hare felt Sunday’s draw at Walsall was a fair result but was left to wonder what could of happened had Gillingham been awarded a penalty when Cody McDonald was blatantly pushed inside the penalty area when Gillingham were 1-0 up.
fan_of_mulligan

Postby CadburyMan » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:36 pm

As clear a penalty as I've ever seen I believe that from 2 - 0 Walsall would not have come back but you cannot deny them their share of tthe spoils.
CadburyMan

Previous

Return to Match Discussions