Coventry City (H) - 17 Jan 15

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Re: Gillingham v Coventry City-Match Thread

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:55 am

Now was the time to take off Max Ehmer for Leon Legge and strengthen Gillingham's Defence, obviously you wouldn't change your centre back pairing unless it was necessary through injury, but I felt that with Max Ehmer on a yellow card the last thing we want to see is Gillingham going down to ten men, but with John Marquis requiring some treatment then Luke Norris might come on for the final few minutes, Stuart Nelson did well to gather a dangerous cross from Jordan Willis and prevent Ryan Haynes from scoring, but it was the effort across the face of goal from John Fleck that had Me and Wainscotty worried and thankfully John Fleck's shot went wide of Stuart Nelson's right hand post.

But Jermaine McGlashan sealed the win in added time when John Marquis played Jermaine McGlashan through on the over-lap and Jermaine McGlashan went for the top left corner and although Ryan Allsop got a hand on the ball, he couldn't prevent Jermaine McGlashan from sealing the win and sealing all three points for The Gills.

FULL TIME: GILLINGHAM 3 - 1 COVENTRY CITY

Massive Three Points for The Gills and three points we badly needed as Gillingham pull themselves out of the relegation zone, but having played one more game then the teams around us, then it is crucial that Gillingham can win 3-4 matches on the spin so that we pull ourselves away from the relegation zone (that sort of run is unlikely I know) but a few wins in a row and Gillingham can pick up a lot of points in a short period of time.

It is also critical that Cody McDonald remains fit and remains in the starting line up between now and the end of the season, six goals in his last seven appearances is fantastic form and I don't know what it is, but Cody McDonald always seems to go on a goal-scoring run between now and the end of the season, Cody did it last season and he did it in the 2010 / 2011 season and I think Cody will do it again this season, but will he score enough goals to keep Gillingham in League One, or will we strengthen our attacking options before The January Transfer Window Closes ???

So many players put in impressive performances yesterday, Cody McDonald and John Marquis put in superb performances up-front, yes they both got on the score-sheet but it was there work-rate, persistence and commitment which stuck out for me as well as sticking the ball into the back of the net, Jermaine McGlashan scored and won the penalty as he made an huge impact from the substitutes bench, Bradley Dack put in a excellent performance in midfield, Josh Pritchard put in his best performance in a Gillingham Shirt and I expected big things from Josh Pritchard when we signed him in the summer, but Jake Hessenthaler was My Choice for Man Of The Match because Jake Hessenthaler put in the complete midfielder performance yesterday and I wanted to praise someone who hadn't scored who had put in a excellent performance.

To think that if we had our shooting boots on then Gillingham could of scored 7-8 goals yesterday, but we needed John Marquis's equaliser in The Eighty Second Minute to kick-start a grand-stand finish, all we need to hear this week is the managerial situation resolved, we cannot keep going with the Four Man Caretaker Set Up any longer, let's get A Manager Appointed and give the new man time to implement the changes he wants to make to the squad.
fan_of_mulligan

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:22 pm

That is one long Match Report FOM!
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby bunburygills » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:14 am

Terrific report f-o-m even if my dinner got cold and I'm late for bed now.How do you do it, remembering all the names and times etc? Do you take a recording device of some sort and talk into it for the whole match? How do you know who passed to whom four passes before the goal is scored and how do you pick all their players out when you don't know them? I know players wear numbers but 75% of the time they're facing the wrong way. I remember when I was young, there was bloke called Leslie Welch the memory man. He used to know things like who scored the goals and in which minute in every cup final ever played etc. You're not related are you? 1066 would be hopeless at it, he can't even remember to put his lucky quiz answers in after he has already posted three loads of nonsense on the same thread.No wonder they deported him.
bunburygills

Postby Rimshot » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:46 am

You may be right but at least he gets his posts read. I admire FOM's commitment to the Gills but wading through that lot is a read too far.
Rimshot

Postby bunburygills » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:43 am

I'm not sure Rimshot if you thought I was having a go at FOM, far from it. I too think he's fantastic and always read his posts, far more so than the official ones on the Gills webpage. I was just wondering how he does it. Keep on posting FOM.-
bunburygills

Postby Rimshot » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:27 pm

Bunbury, no I didnt think that at all - only wish I had the time/patience to wade through the MOM reports.
Rimshot

Postby Garawa » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:29 pm

I admire them. When commentating on the match I am sometimes asked who made the cross or if it flicked off a player and I have to confess that I don't know. The second the ball crosses the line amnesia seems to set in!! Good to know they are appreciated Lee?
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:45 pm

OK ssssoooooo lets get a few things sorted out here .
Firstly Ms. Mulligan,you dear lady need to spend a lot less time mulling over games that happened some time ago and get thy butt in the kitchen and cook my super, were all excited over the Oldham game not the whats there name game who ever we played last week .
This is the age of computers and instant gratification and in garawararaas case real instant gratification,hey I didn't say it ,it was his Misses who actually said if it was any more instant and any less gratifying she wouldn't bother climbing the stairs at night she would be happy sleeping on the couch and missing all the fun.
Of course you miss the important bits,who crossed what and where. Amnesia my ass, you spend 90 minutes each home game grovelling at Scallys cloven hoofs when the game is on,it must make it hard to watch, does the fur from his goat legs get stuck in your teeth when you kissing the old hoofs in his box ??
Yeah,yeah,yeah I wondered how long it would be before old Boomerang Bob began squawking, now there's a bloody criminal if ever there was one,already admitted to being in co horse, co hots ,or what ever with Speedy who or whom I mentioned earlier.
Listen Kangaroo Jack I didn't post because I wanted to give you a chance of finally winning something,you obviously lost the flaming lottery when you moved to BUM berry,hell is that the arm pit of the World or what ??
That advert in the greasy paper that your fish and chips were wrapped in back in England ,what did it say," Emigrate to Wonderful BUM BERRY, where paradise can finally be yours, buy a hose or a house close to the Great Barrier Reef and the Snowy Mountains for ONLY $50 Australian down and 750,000 monthly payments of !0 bucks" ,wwooppsss only missed the reef by like 3000 miles.
OK I am now going to contact my best friend in the world Mousier Lidbit in his chateaux outside Parieeeee and discuss this weeks stupid question in the Luck League thingy, we are now in co horse, co hunts or what ever, to bring about yours and young Sotongills and his pooping dogs downfall, so please don't bother me anymore ,thank you..
gillsfan1066

Previous

Return to Match Discussions