Crewe (A) - 10 Jan 15

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Re: Crewe v Gillingham-Match Thread

Postby Garawa » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:47 pm

This 4 man joint manager business is far from working. We need a manager ASAP and one with League 1/2 experience. Doesn't have to be a big name like Rosler but anyone who has done it at this level rather than yet another untried manager given a chance. We have done that plenty in the past, our young players need experience. Crewe today had Alan Tate on loan from Swansea and players on loan from Man City and others. I know location plays a part but we can't seem to get anyone from the likes of Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea and don't seem to attract anyone half decent who want to manage us either and that is nothing to do with Scally as there are far chairmen out there far more bonkers who still have their door beaten in.

In the space of week we went from a side improving having just lost our manager to a side in total disarray with not an exodus of players with not enough to fill a bench and who concede easily against possibly the worse side in the league. How can it change so much in a week?
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:30 pm

All together now come on Mr.Lidbit, you've been around long enough , a ONE , a TWO , a THREE ,Sing along everyone......
Take me out to a Gills game, take me out to the stands,
buy me a cuppa and some cracker jacks I don't care if I never go back,
causeeeeeeee it's root root for the GiiILLLEEYYYSSS,
if they don't win it's a shame,
but we really don't expect them to win till the very next game. .........................YEAH GO GILLS ,lets score some goals

Woman open that 12 pack of Budweiser, I think there was only 11 beers in the one I have just finished , I still feel pain.
gillsfan1066

Postby Robpthegills » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:04 am

This is Scally's fault. He is running the business that is Gillingham Football Club and he is running it poorly. Sack the manager, fine if you think its right, but find a replacement, dont rely on an old boys network to cheaply do the job.

Too think that a group of 4 people can run the club. Its a bit like a Heineken advert (but they are not real). Hey let us 4 mates manage a club, it will be great fun, we will have a right laugh doing it.

Steve Lovell has apparantly thrown his name into the hat. ON what basis, what experiance. Being a coach is one thing but management is a whole new ball game. The club is folding within itself and is now designed to fail and it is the Chairmans fault. You need to be there at ground zero (to use an american term) when things are not going right. Instead of coming up with rubbish statements like we are close to a new ground and new investor and we want to be in the premiership, get close to getting us a manager that can stop us going down.

We are now in the relegation zone, we have played more games and we are rudderless. The future is not bright, its not orange, its scally and its bleak.
Robpthegills

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:27 pm

A poor result for us in a must not lose game.We have now slipped into the bottom four while playing more games than other Teams around us.The ref sounded poor,but the defending for third goal was not good enough even with the hand ball we had chances to get it away.At the moment we look to be only heading down with no direction on and off the pitch.We really need to appoint a new Manager this week as we cannot keep the current temporary Management Team.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:58 pm

Hessy said on BBC Radio,he thinks the 4 man management teams was working,you really can't argue with that,what is it 4 BIG L's in 4 games ?
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:39 pm

This is our worst spell since Martin Allen was in charge!!! So Taylor must have had an effect! I really can't see what Scally could possibly be doing, surely he can't be giving this current set up a chance to prove themselves? I am so sick of being linked to people with no first hand experience even if they once played for the club, Lovell included.

A lot of people are blaming Scally for the lot including Kedwell in a paper interview but I fear there is a lot going on behind the scenes on that one so perhaps this was best. On the face of it Fish going as well looks as if the club is in crisis when in reality it appears we are trying to sign Hoyte permanently and his days were numbered here anyway.

But where Scally has to shoulder a lot of the blame is definitely the reluctance in signing a manager (every game and loss of 3 points reduces the chances of staying up significantly). Then there is the Michael Doughty scenario. Here the club stated QPR recalled him back early from his loan. That's fine, it happens but he was the difference in midfield in my opinion however the article on the QPR website says he was SENT BACK as he was surplus to requirements by the new coaching set up at the Gills! REALLY? We would choose to fill our side with unplayed development squad players instead of one of the top 3 players we had at our disposal! Whose decision was this? Mark Patterson trying to prove that his young players are League 1 first team standard?

Scally needs to appoint Monday morning otherwise he needs some impressive programme notes for Saturday to avert one of the most hostile home games in years.

Garawa

Postby Rimshot » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:05 am

Oddly, I find myself increasingly indifferent to this. I'm heartily sick of Scally's regime but nothing now surprises me about his lies and self-serving exploitation of the club. He hasn't ever invested in GFC but used it as a cash cow for his own lifestyle. He is neither a football supporter nor a fan of GFC, his attitude and behaviour to staff, players, managers, other clubs, the FA and above all the paying customers shows this.
New ground, new manager, new investors, new players ? It's all a bad joke.
Rimshot

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:02 pm

God I hate to say this, and I don't mean it to sound as it's going to, but he was a second hand Copy Machine salesman,what do you expect from him, do you think when he bought Gillingham FC he went off to Kings Collage to take a degree in Sports Business Management, he sold copy machines folks used ones at that and good for him he made a bundle and he saved us from becoming the ex Gillingham FC,who would now be playing now under the name of Gillingham United playing on some ground off Pump lane and watched by 50 people with no lives, the big game of the season would be against against Ebbsfleet , 258 people in the ground.
Scally is going nowhere,why would he, and he is happy being in division 1 and 2,doesn't require much effort to run a club badly, if you want to genuinely do something effective it is really really simple, NO ONE turns up for the game against Coventry,that would get his attention real quick.
The Chicago Cubs have gone from year to year never winning anything but always filling the ground, selling millions of dollars worth of season tickets becasue it was the Chicago Cubs,the " LUVER BALL LOSERS" of Baseball,still playing in a Stadium built in 1900 with a metal trough, in the mens bathroom, then last year people finally said enough is enough, and the gate was down 10,000 per game,about 25%, and over this winter a new winning manager has been bought in, top players have been signed and the ground has been improved, makes you think doesn't it??
gillsfan1066

Postby Robpthegills » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:58 pm

I am going to win Man of the Year, I am going to be a pin up model, I am going to own the whole of Portugal.

NOPE just saying it doesnt make it happen. Note to Scally, stop talking tripe, saying it doesnt make it happen.
Robpthegills

Postby Garawa » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:20 pm

Certainly not after 6 years of the same thing over and over!! I don't really care about that too much to be honest. I don't see any chairmen out there who either don't act like children of the 1930's are treat the fans like dog mess and I don't feel Scally acts any differently but his apparent constant desire to appease the fans over and over with such obviously false promises is getting tiresome now. Now watch the announcement of a rich benefactor and new stadium appear shortly! :-D

Garawa

PreviousNext

Return to Match Discussions