Crewe (A) - 10 Jan 15

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Crewe v Gillingham-Match Thread

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:19 am

This is a really important game against a relegation rival.We need to avoid defeat,but a win would be the perfect result.They sit 22nd in the League,but their home form is decent.They have not lost at home since October,and they beat Bristol City 1-0 recently.I expect we will go up there to attack which is good,but I think we will concede as we leave ourselves open.

What would be your Gills Team?
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Crewe (A) - 10 Jan 15

Postby Garawa » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:44 pm

Just 1 of the last 11 ties between Crewe and Gillingham have ended level. 7 of the other 10 ended victorious for the away side (3 for the Gills).

Crewe conceded 80 goals in the league last season more than any other club and closely followed by the Gills' 79. Crewe have also let the most league goals this season (41) followed by Colchester's 40 and the Gills 37.

Crewe have conceded 9 league goals in the second 30 minute period of home games and also 9 in the third but have yet to concede in the first 30.

Before today Crewe had scored 11 and conceded 18 at home in the league whilst the Gills have scored 11 and conceded 19 away.

Crewe started the season with 5 successive league defeats and lost 9 of their first 11. They are unbeaten in their last 3 (winning 2) and in 4 at home.

Before today's game Crewe had won just once in 5 league games at home scoring 3 goals and conceding 3 in the process.

Despite being 2 of the 3 worst sides in the league defensively, both clubs have managed 4 clean sheets and both have suffered 7 blank sheets.

In the current form table, Crewe has accrued a single point more than the Gills over the last 6 and 10 league games.

It took 13 games to get the Gills last clean sheet (Leyton Orient) but it has been 15 in the league without one. Crewe have managed 4 in that time.

Earlier this season the Gills ended a run of 4 wins in a row for Crewe at Priestfield. The Gills are unbeaten in 4 at Gresty Rd winning the last 2!

Despite their lowly position Crewe had only been behind at home in the league for 163 minutes, a total bettered only by Bristol City and Swindon!

The Gills last failed to score at Crewe back in November 2001, the 7 trips to Gresty Rd after all saw the Gills find the net scoring 14 times.

3:00
Kick-Off

3:25
Penalty to Crewe. Conceded by Hoyte.

3:26
GOAL! Crewe 1-0 Gillingham.
Crewe scored first in 13 of their 24 league games, only 7 sides managed more before the match. However they earned 1.83 points from them, the 5th worst total.

3:31
GOAL! Crewe 2-0 Gillingham.

3:46
Half-time.
5 of the 6 times Crewe have held a league half-time lead had been in home games matching the total of the best sides. They won 3 of them.

3:57
The Gills have already conceded 13 fouls in this game by half time. 84% of our games this season saw LESS after 90 minutes!

4:08
With 48 goals Crewe conceded the most second half goals last season. They are the worst this season already conceding 29.

4:13
GOAL! Crewe 2-1 Gillingham: Dack

4:26
10 of the last 13 ties between the clubs have seen either of the sides score at least 3 times and 6 ties saw 4 or more goals scored.

4:42
GOAL! Crewe 3-1 Gillingham.

4:53
Full-time: 3-1

Tuesday saw the 3rd loss in a row for the first time this season. Today's defeat makes it 4 in a row for the first time since September 2013.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Crewe v Gillingham-Match Thread

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:21 pm

Michael Doughty has been recalled early by QPR.Another blow for us,as Doughty added a touch of class to the Midfield.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/spor ... oan-29829/
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:08 pm

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/morris-returns-to-treatment-table-29836/

Aaron Morris is likely to be out for another 5-6 weeks.

While there are also injury doubts for John Egan, Joe Martin and Bradley Dack - I am sure that all three will be OK to play tomorrow against Crewe Alexandra.
fan_of_mulligan

Postby Garawa » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:25 pm

Facts for the game can be found here (and during the match): viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1556

Garawa

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:35 pm

I think Gillingham will line up as follows.......................

----------------------------------Nelson--------------------------------------
Hoyte----------------Legge------------------Egan---------------------Martin
-------------------------------Hessenthaler------------------------------------
-------------Loft-----------------------------------Dickenson-----------------
-----------------------------------Dack----------------------------------------
--------------------McDonald--------------Marquis----------------------------

Subs: G.Morris (GK), Ehmer, Pritchard, McGlashan, Galbraith, Norris, German

I think our management team of Darren Hare, Steve Lovell, Mark Patterson and Andy Hessenthaler will stick with the 4.4.2 diamond midfield system, and with Michael Doughty going back to QPR I can see Brennan Dickenson starting on the left side of the diamond and new loan signing John Marquis will be thrown straight into the starting eleven alongside Cody McDonald.

Joe Martin, John Egan and Bradley Dack should all recover from there respective knocks to start against Crewe Alexandra tomorrow, if there was serious doubts about those three starting then we may have signed a few more players on loan yesterday as well as signing John Marquis.

This is a match that Gillingham cannot afford to lose, but it is also a match we really have to win, having played quite a few games more then the teams around us, a win tomorrow will hopefully pull Gillingham further away from the relegation zone, we have done really well to win against the teams in and around us and I hope that can continue tomorrow - COME ON THE GILLS!!!!!!!!!
fan_of_mulligan

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:55 pm

The Marquis Cody of McDonald, something sounds nice about that combination and I feel very comfy in predicting a 2-1 win for the good guys.
gillsfan1066

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:29 pm

fan_of_mulligan wrote:I think Gillingham will line up as follows.......................

----------------------------------Nelson--------------------------------------
Hoyte----------------Legge------------------Egan---------------------Martin
-------------------------------Hessenthaler------------------------------------
-------------Loft-----------------------------------Dickenson-----------------
-----------------------------------Dack----------------------------------------
--------------------McDonald--------------Marquis----------------------------

Subs: G.Morris (GK), Ehmer, Pritchard, McGlashan, Galbraith, Norris, German

I think our management team of Darren Hare, Steve Lovell, Mark Patterson and Andy Hessenthaler will stick with the 4.4.2 diamond midfield system, and with Michael Doughty going back to QPR I can see Brennan Dickenson starting on the left side of the diamond and new loan signing John Marquis will be thrown straight into the starting eleven alongside Cody McDonald.

Joe Martin, John Egan and Bradley Dack should all recover from there respective knocks to start against Crewe Alexandra tomorrow, if there was serious doubts about those three starting then we may have signed a few more players on loan yesterday as well as signing John Marquis.

This is a match that Gillingham cannot afford to lose, but it is also a match we really have to win, having played quite a few games more then the teams around us, a win tomorrow will hopefully pull Gillingham further away from the relegation zone, we have done really well to win against the teams in and around us and I hope that can continue tomorrow - COME ON THE GILLS!!!!!!!!!

I think you could be right with your line up FOM,Our tactics under Lovell and co are attack attack attack.

Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Garawa » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:02 pm

Crikey! Our outfield subs are Galbraith, Norris, Dickenson, Romeo and Staunton. 2 development squad players with a third, Hare, replaces Egan just before kick off. Signs are ominous!

Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:13 pm

Mr. Scally, what ever your doing ,how ever your doing it,PLEASE DROP IT and get back to Gillingham now, please, and show us you really are interested in Gillingham Football Club by hiring a manager by Monday morning, and for Gods sake get rid of these four dreamers who ran the show today ,thank you.
gillsfan1066

Next

Return to Match Discussions