Kick over celebrating out of football.

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Re: Kick over celebrating out of football.

Postby Rimshot » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:08 am

1066...I'll leave boardsters to judge which of us appears to be the more disturbed.
Rimshot

Postby Poshgill » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:36 pm

Being the voice of reason here (there is always a first time for everything!) I do feel you have over reacted 1066. I though Rimshot's reply to your original post was humourous and ironic. I suppose you have lived in the states too long as (in my limited experience) irony is a huour that Americans do seem to struggle with. I'm not saying they are wrong, its just that they laugh at different things to us.
Poshgill

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:25 am

Prayers for Israelis tonight, get he big guns out for the morning, good luck and God bless.
gillsfan1066

Postby Poshgill » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:21 am

Prayers for the people of Gazza actually. The word should condemn Israel's attacks on unarmed civilians but they won't. Quick enough to point a finger of blame at Syria's regime for killing innocent people but the no one will say anything bad against Jews for fear of being anti semitic.
Poshgill

Postby lidbid46 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:26 pm

Posh, hate to disagree with you but who started it; who always starts it, right back to the first settlers in the 1920s and formally in1948? If the Arabs lay down their arms, then there will be peace. If the Israelies lay down their arms - no more Israel. Hammas' stated policy - destroy Israel. By the way, I am appalled by all deaths, but the whole picture needs looking at very carefully before throw away comments are made. It is too complex for that.
lidbid46

Postby Elgrande » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:36 pm

Ok so the UN decides that the Romanies deserve a homeland and decide to evict eveyone from England and set up a land called Rom. The English are forced into Wales, but they are reliant on the Romanies for water and power and they have shut the bridge. The USA sends them huge amounts of aid; ignores all of their war crimes allow them to fluant UN resolutions and supply them with arms while at the same time they trickle just a little money to Wales. Do you think they would just sit back and say; Ok we used to live in Kent, but now all our villages have been taken by the Romany people as have all our houses, we don't mind. They would fight back.
Elgrande

Postby Poshgill » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:03 pm

Lidbid. That is a somewhat patronrising to say it is a 'throw away' comment. I am appalled that the West and in particular the US side with the Israelis. The Arabs had their land forcibly taken from them so that the Jews could have a homeland. This was to appease the guilt of the West after the last war. Because the Arabs had the temerity to complain, they are seen as the aggressors. The current situation was started by Israel shelling Hamas and thus killing innocent people and yet the Arabs are deemed as in the wrong. It is outrageous that Israel for years have played the wounded party and innocent in all this when in reality they are as bad, if not worse than the Arabs. The west need to stop being apologists for Israel aggression and need to be a little more subjective.
Poshgill

Postby lidbid46 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:08 pm

No Elgrande, but you know very well that this analogy is not a good one at all. The reasons are far too complex for a debate here, but just a few points. The Jewish people of course had an ancient claim on the land before the settlement began, the Arab landownwers actually sold the land to the settlers as at the time it was worthless scrubland. The main reason they want it returned now is because of the work, including the planting of thousands of trees, which has turned it into quality farmland. The Palestinians have been kept in poverty over the years by their leaders, who are more intent on prolonging the violence with Israel than looking after the welfare of their people. Yes, I agree that Israel has often overdone the violent reaction to being attacked, but when your neighbour's avowed intent is to destroy you, would you just lay down and accept that? I think not. I abhor the violence shown on both sides, and wish it was possible for the more moderate voices from both parties could come together to find a peaceful settlement. Obviously, I think this is unlikely. I just think it is unwise to come down so clearly in support of the Arab nations without thinking about Israel's past and why the leaders are so determined to protect their citizens.
lidbid46

Postby lidbid46 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Sorry Posh; I didn't really mean you as I know you think carefully about your opinions. But I have heard too much rhetoric on this issue and I have a few friends who I have met over the years who are Israeli and who have suffered so much at the hands of the Arab terrorists, so I admit I am not unbiased on this one. A friend of my sister was blown up in a bus bomb a few years ago and died about three months later. As I said, I condemn all violence, but I know if England was being attacked by rocket from across our borders, I would expect our Government to reply with sufficient force to stop the attacks. I am going to stop my contributions to this now as it is depressing and everyone is obviously entitled to their opinion. I also do not really think this is the place for such a debate as it can't be detailed enough, and I don't want to annoy anyone! Also, I have had a couple of beers in celebration following today's match, and I now intend to have another!!
lidbid46

Postby Robpthegills » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:28 pm

I am with Lidbid on this one. As usual when people dont want something and they think it is worthless they are glad to get rid of it. The minute they think something has value they want it.

As for the israeli's killing innocent people, sorry I have obviously missed the fact that all palestinian terror has only been on military targets.

The whole area is a mess, and I feel for the people on both sides especially the innocents on both sides who seem to suffer.

Elg as for your analogy it is surely flawed. Using your analogy should we accept terrorism in the Falklands and Gibralter and every other piece of land that is under British rule because it never used to be ours.

This is a deep subject, probably too much for a board and probably more fit for a discussion in person, but I certainly think Israel has the right to defend itself.
Robpthegills

PreviousNext

Return to Football Discussion