Kick over celebrating out of football.

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Kick over celebrating out of football.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:05 pm

Kick over celebrating out of football. Someone scores and half a dam team from the bench runs the entire length of the field to join in the celebration, thats of course if you can catch the scorer who is normaly running round the pith like some lunatic waving his arms and sliding on his knees and looking like someone who has never scored befor. If they ran that fast on the field during the game they would have had a hat trick by the half.
gillsfan1066

Re: Kick over celebrating out of football.

Postby Rimshot » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:14 pm

Agreed , we should follow the US model of over celebrating every aspect of the play from a pass interception to a fumble, to the second assistant offensive coach adjusting his headset.
Rimshot

Postby lidbid46 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:52 pm

I always worry that someone is going to get injured or even killed when everyone jumps on top of the poor soul who has scored! As someone who hates being pinned down or being lost amongst a crowd of people, I think I would deliberately miss if I had a chance of scoring!! What was wrong with the old fashioned handshake, circa 1966?
lidbid46

Postby Robpthegills » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:18 pm

grumpy puss
Robpthegills

Postby Poshgill » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:07 pm

But it's hardly new. I recall Steve Morrow sustaining a broken arm when he fell off Tony Adams's back in the league cup final. Must have been 1990. The joke was Morrow got injured falling off a donkey.
Poshgill

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Rimshot, (big sigh ), I just live here, there are times some people sound like a broken old 78 record, Nasty America, Bad America, look how American players celebrate, good grief give it a rest.
gillsfan1066

Postby Rimshot » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:32 am

Your sense of humour is a one-way street 1066. You like to be thought of as our zany wisecracker but actually you're just an over-sensitive apologist for the things about the US that are funny.
Woop-woop, the qback has been sacked, woopery -woop, an interception, orgasmic woop. a field -goal. You made a fair point about goal celebrations but by comparison with American sports teams/crowds (Ryder Cup Golf !!!) ours are pretty tame. Your posts are often shot through with ridicule about the UK so get off your high horse.
Rimshot

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:09 pm

Lol, rimshot, where the hell did I mention anything about ENGLISH football celebrations ? I said football celebrations and as someone who watches probably on average a dozen games a week from places like Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, plus games from the Premier League all the European competitions , Italian, French, Australian A league ,MLS,Japanese J league, and anything else on the four channels that carry football 24/7, I was talking about football celebrations in general.
By the way for someone who hates everything American you seem to know a lot about American football?
I understand there is a new generation playing soccer today, I understand that during a team meeting super stars no longer listen to the coaches because they are to busy tweeting or texting, buying their new Aston Martin on the Internet, I understand that it is a different world from the one I grew up in.
What I don't understand is why when scoring a goal a player finds it necessary to run around ther field being chased by the players on the field, half a dozen guys from the bench, ripping his shirt off, sliding across the turf in front of the TV as if they have never scored befor, thats all.
As for my high horse, HI HO SILVER AWAY, leaving the paranoid rimshot in my dust.
gillsfan1066

Postby Rimshot » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:15 pm

Going to have to keep this simple...
Didn't say you mentioned English football.
Your posts about Dorchester and Cheltenham just the most recent of your comments about the UK.
You really need to look up what 'paranoia' is.
There's a lot to like about the USA...even American football has its moments
Rimshot

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:02 pm

rimmer you are PARANOID, everytime you see Gillsfan1066 you go gaga, ape sh*t, buddy boy I haves said it befor and I say it again,I OWN YOU. I did on the old board and I do on this the new board. Your my b**ch.
No insults, no comments,never once did I mention you, your name,your postings, "NUTTING wot so ever" , I was happy to let bygones be bygones but you could not sleep, you started to loose weight, started drinking heavily, vodka was it, or Scotch once you saw GILLSFAN1066 had registered on the new board ? My God man you really are ill have you thought about help as in............ pppssssttt........................ come close..................... psychiatric help?
Would it help if I changed my Monika to say Chatham Fan, or perhaps Hereford cow tipper, no no I have got it, how about BIG BAD BOOGYMAN that gives rimmer nightmares ?
Get over it , don't answer my postings, pretend i don't exist, DON'T look over your shoulder I might just be there., lol.
gillsfan1066

Next

Return to Football Discussion