Kick over celebrating out of football.

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Re: Kick over celebrating out of football.

Postby Poshgill » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:44 pm

I don't think anyone is condoning the Palestinians and of course Israel has the right to defend its self, but I cannot stomach the western world and their sycophancy to Israel. They are as bad as each other and there is incontreveritible evidence that shows that many 'attacks' by Hamas are either provoked or are staged for Israeli propaganda. I also disagree that this isn't the forum to discuss these sort of things. It is important that we are all aware of what is happening in the world and if we can educate just one person in what is happening over there, then that is good.
Poshgill

Postby Rimshot » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:12 am

It's worth remembering that the Israeli state was only established in 1948 and that was after what was generally referred to at the time as anti-British terrorism ( the Stern gang ).
After all the Jews went through to get their own homeland it is a strange irony that they don't seem to understand the Palestinians' desire for parity. The West Bank settlements are inexcusable. I lived for four years in Golders Green, the vast majority of my friends were Jewish , so my affiliations are more naturally with them. I met a number of young Israelis, many of them in or just out of the army and they impressed me with their bravery and solidarity.
However, a succession of very old, reactionary leaders ( Golda Meir absolutely the worst !) has led the people of Israel down a dangerous path; instead of cultivating the more reasonable of the Arab countries they have simply relied on US support.
Sadly,I can see no solutions.
Rimshot

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:19 pm

Working in the middle east in the day, we had no choice (other then to go back to the UK) to donate a certain amount each a month from our paycheck to the PLO, it was our gift. Saudi and the other rich Arab nations donate millions and millions of pounds to their "brothers" in Palestine, but the truth is they actualy look down on them ,dislike them , don't really regard them as Arabs and only do it as an "empty gesture".
I fear there will be a time in the very near future that we will be thanking the Israelis for destroying the idiots Ahmadinejad and Khamenei and there nuclear arsenal, seeing as the so called Worlds leading powers are unable to do it.
gillsfan1066

Postby Elgrande » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:19 pm

Well put Rimshot; that is the bit I can never understand. How the Sabra refuse to allow the Palestinians a homeland when they had one "created" for them. As for the land sales quoted earlier, there was a very interestin programme on TV where the land had been bought from someone who had died twenty+ years before the date of the document. When the US stop turning a blind eye to the West Bank settlements there may be a chance of peace, until then there is little chance!
Elgrande

Previous

Return to Football Discussion