SERBIA U21 Game

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

SERBIA U21 Game

Postby Rimshot » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:09 am

I'm incensed by the appalling scenes in Serbia, not least the role of the referee who ignored all the mayhem , then compounded his lack of action by sending off Danny Rose, who was being pushed and manhandled.
This, in addition to the fact that he had a truly dreadful match, with over zealous use of both the whistle and the card. His incompetence is not to blame for the trouble but his reaction to it was both cowardly and misplaced. He cannot possibly have been unaware of the abuse Rose had been subjected to, but apparently kicking a football is more serious than striking an opponent or hurling racial insults.
Rimshot

Re: SERBIA U21 Game

Postby CadburyMan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:25 am

Couldn't agree more - the referee has a lot to answer for but probably not as much as the Serbian authorities and FIFA.

I rather think that Mr Blatter provided a blank cheque following his comments of a few months back; it surely is time for him to move on but the sad thing is that it is his puppet, Platini, who is probably waiting in the wings - lord help us
CadburyMan

Postby mark8364 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:10 pm

Ian Holloway '' Platini may have been a great player, but he isn't very good at what he does now! As for Sepp Blatter, the guy is a f***ing joke and you can quote me on that!''
mark8364

Postby Elgrande » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:33 pm

The trouble is in many countries it is not illegal to be racist / homophobic and many see it as a standard insult. In Russia China and India racism is widespread, you only notice if you speak the language. Much of Africa is very racist. I do think it is a disgrace and if you join the football family you must abide by their rules, but until all isms are outlawed world wide it is very difficult to implement. Don't for get racism isn't only about colour!
Elgrande

Return to Football Discussion