CHELSEA

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

CHELSEA

Postby Rimshot » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:20 am

This club defines all that is wrong with football. Owned by a man who has made his money in dubious ways and knows or cares nothing about football. Sacking RDM is the act of a petulant, overbearing individual whose only concern is feeding his ego.
Too much money, too much greed.
Rimshot

Re: CHELSEA

Postby Poshgill » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:28 pm

I originally posted this in the wrong forum, but here is my opinion:

So, Roberto De Matteo wins the Champions league with a distinctly mediocre Chelsea side. He then has the confidence to slowly get rid of the old guard in Terry, Lampard et al and bring in new and exciting players like Hazard and Oscar. The team is obviously in a transitional phase, so what does Abramovich do? He sacks Roberto. Now I know that football is a results led business and I know that Chelsea have not been winning of late, but this really is a disgrace. From a Chairman that is renowened for being ruthless, I think this is more that that. I think this is foolhardy and naive. I'd love to see Chelsea fans up in arms about it, but they won't. Probably some of the worst supporters in football. They'll just shrug their shoulders and carry on.Poshgill
Poshgill

Postby Robpthegills » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:19 pm

Rimshot wrote:This club defines all that is wrong with football. Owned by a man who has made his money in dubious ways and knows or cares nothing about football. Sacking RDM is the act of a petulant, overbearing individual whose only concern is feeding his ego.
Too much money, too much greed.

Agreed Rimshot and it is exactly this that will ruin football unless we start to deal with it. One day and the day will come when these money men will lose interest in our football, what they leave behind is up to us to ensure the future of the game.

As posh stated rdm has brought in some of the most talented youngsters in the world to the club to gently edge out the old guard. Its obvious its going to take time.

In England we are paying TOP dollar for these players but we are no longer getting top football. Chelsea and Man City most likely to not qualify for the champions league knock out rounds and yet they are meant to be 2 of our top clubs. Man Utd are a country mile away from being good enough to win it the same goes for arsenal. So what are we paying these people for.
Robpthegills

Postby Elgrande » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:51 pm

Next thing he'll go and move the club 65 miles up the road! ;)
Elgrande

Postby Rimshot » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:15 pm

Clattenburg case dropped now, unsurprisingly no evidence. Chelsea are a disgrace.
Rimshot

Postby Garawa » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:13 pm

I always felt that was to try and smoke-screen the issues the outside world saw within that club. They should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute like anyone else would for wasting police time. Because it was levied at a referee I think that single-handedly made the whole racism issue far worse than it really was. The giveaway really was the reactions of the players (ie none) when compared with what happened during the England under-21 game, I am sure had officials done the same the reactions would have been far greater instead of nothing at all.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to Football Discussion