Saturday - Morecambe

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Saturday - Morecambe

Postby Poshgill » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:37 am

Well it wasn't a classic. In fact I thought we struggled at times. Our front 2 were very poor with Kedwell and Strevens not putting a shift in. I was pleased to see Strevens subbed at HT but then Burton was a little lack-lustre as well. Perhaps it was the Morecambe defence marshalling the front runners. I actually thought we missed Jack Payne in midfield. Someone to hold the ball and play the easy ball in to the front players.

Looked like we were heading for a draw and after playing so poorly (its all relative, poorly to how we have been playing!) a draw was on the cards.

And then, a moment of sheer class and brilliance! A long ball from Fish (who is having a great season) and Burton dropped his shoulder to allow the ball to drop and his 1st time touch on the ball was sublime. The swivel and shot into the roof of the net was a really classy and exceptional goal and was worth the admission fee alone. Well, I forgot the previous 93 mins of mediocre football and walked out with a grin as wide as the Medway!

Football and Gills. You just have to love it!
Poshgill

Re: Saturday - Morecambe

Postby Rimshot » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:59 am

Play poorly and win......I'll take that any day. It's one of the great differences this year that we are grinding out the results without necessarily dominating the oppo.
Rimshot

Postby CadburyMan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:33 am

Smetimes you just have to win "ugly". The history books won't differentiate
CadburyMan

Postby Kezz » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:44 pm

It was a bit like they announced 4 minutes of added on time and the team and crowd decided to have a go! All very exciting! ;)
Kezz

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION