Chelt

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Chelt

Postby lidbid46 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:03 pm

Well I thought it was a good game tonight and in the end a fair result. Chelt were a good test for us and looked like a strong team, but I can't remember any clear cut chances - I couldn't really see what happened when Nelson dropped the ball in the second half - for them. Ked's chance that hit the crossbar was a glorious one; he would score that nine point nine times out of ten, and Burton's header seemed very close, so we could easily have won tonight. I thought Davies was absolutely immense and I hope bigger clubs don't notice him before January. He must be in the starting eleven every week for me. One tackle to thwart a quick break was absolutely crucial and brilliantly executed. Barrett was so solid and Fish gets better and better. Frampton worried me at full back to begin with but he and the rest of the defence worked out how to deal with their speedy forwards. Montrose had a good and bad game at the same time - some excellent tackles and interceptions mingled with some abject passing! The rest of the team all ran themselves into the ground - Whelps, Payne and Vincelot all worked tirelessly. Weston never stopped trying, but I have to say that he was a little ineffectual tonight. The only thing that concerns me is our poor execution of free kicks and corners. We had some good positions from free kicks and lots of corners, but never really threatened from any of them, wasting some completely. Never mind, another clean sheet and another point, and the opposiion didn't gain on us either. Anyway, I'm exhausted, have lost my voice and need a drink! Over to you!!
lidbid46

Re: Chelt

Postby Garawa » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:12 pm

I agree with that. Davies gets better and better. Nelson saved the day with 2 amazing stops. A fair result in the end.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:25 am

Another point in the bag and three comming Saturday. Would have been nice to see the Gills put a couple in the net against Cheltenham, but I guess you can not win them all.
Reading the scrolls it seemed that everything in the second half was going Gills way , kept watching the Charlton score ringing up and thought it would only be a matter of time befor our line went yellow indicating we had put one in the net, but it was not to be.
Nelson seems to be an incredible pick up, great performance week after week and all from a little guy with only one eye and one arm.
gillsfan1066

Postby Kezz » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:12 pm

We need to be careful though, Plymouth is the sort of game we've throw away in the past, there for the taking but we need to stay focused to acheive it.
Kezz

Postby Goalmouth » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:21 am

I'm a bit concerned about this weekend, Plymouth had a couple of very good wins but have lost their last three by the odd goal against three good sides. But then we're a good side so there's no reason why we shouldn't win. Now we're five points clear I want to be eight points clear.
Goalmouth

Postby lidbid46 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:23 pm

Am I right in thinking they have lost their manager recently? Do they have a new one? I hate it when we are the first side to play against a new manager, although it didn't do Scunthorpe much good!!
lidbid46

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:16 am

Are we talking about the same Plymouth that in it's last two matches lost to mighty Barnet and Dorchester? lol. I swear I honestly did not realise there was a town called Dorchester, I thought it was the imaginary town in the old radio show the Archers I had to listen to on a Sunday morning when I was a kid.
Half time score Gillingham 2 Plymouth 0, full time score Gillingham 4 Plymouth 1, these bu**ers could not hit the side of an out house with me Ma sitting in it from 5 paces..
gillsfan1066

Postby mark8364 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:30 am

Carl Fletcher has been Plymouth manager since 1st November 2011
mark8364

Postby lidbid46 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:39 pm

Oh, OK. I was half listening to the radio and thought they said something about the Plymouth manager going elsewhere, but must have missheard. Quite glad if that is the case.
lidbid46

Postby Poshgill » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:27 pm

Getting confused with portsmouth lid. Their manager has just signed for Blackpool. I'll make no comment about age.......
Poshgill

Next

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION