Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

MARTIN JAMES ALLEN

Postby Chelt Head » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:34 pm

We're coming for you...

:D
Chelt Head

Re: MARTIN JAMES ALLEN

Postby lidbid46 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:57 pm

Good luck with that - I suspect you will be crawling home with your tails between your legs!!
We are top of the league, say, we are top of the league!!
lidbid46

Postby Garawa » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:14 am

Well that proves this site is now visible out in the wilderness. Just need some more Gills fans to find it now!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:30 pm

So far most of the teams you have beaten away look as if they are going to be playing in the Blue Square next season. Anyway have a great evening at Priestfield the home of the Mighty Gills , enjoy the trip down and the game, don't forget there is no crying in football so keep a stiff upper lip when you go down 2-1.
gillsfan1066

Postby Chelt Head » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:12 pm

If you are any bit concerned about your football club Gills fans; please read.

http://cheltenhamtownchatter.blogspot.c ... -them.html

The guy ripped the golden heart out of our football club and poisoned it.

Beware of Martin Allen. You'll be witnessing very shortly how right I am to bring awareness to you all about your current manager.
Chelt Head

Postby mark8364 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:55 pm

Blah, blah blah, blah, blah!! We all know about Martin Allen's past as a manager at whatever club, nothing we haven't heard before!! Can't believe he used to make 5 changes every week? Surely that would unsettle a squad, not knowing if you are playing one week, not the next! He wouldn't do that here! Oh yes, he does! That says to me that we have a great squad and the Cheltenham squad under Martin Allen were just lazy and scared of hard work!!
mark8364

Postby Garawa » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:11 pm

Having said that Mark, I heard the same from someone within Notts County. I am not naive enough to think things will always be rosy and that it won't all turn sour at some point and until then will enjoy the ride.

Without wishing to sound negative but I see two things happening a year or two down the line. 1 - he does so well he gets pinched by another club in a few months. 2 - it gets to the stage where he and Scally have lost any respect for each other and we end up with another Pulis on our hands. I think the difference here between us, Notts County and Cheltenham is that Scally is so antagonistic that I don't think the situation would get that far.

As for the visitors on Tuesday, it looks like they are having their best spell in years and I don't think they will fall away this season so it seems he is a distant memory for them now. Sounds though like we might have some away noise for once to better the atmosphere!!!!

Garawa

Postby mark8364 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:26 pm

As I said we know about his past, whatever club he was at! That was then, this is now! I didn't want him as manager given everything that has happen before, changing clubs for whatever reason, but I'm glad he is now! Like you Gary, I'm enjoying the ride for as long as it last! Can't wait to give Cheltenham a hammering though!!!
mark8364

Postby Chelt Head » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:11 pm

mark8364 wrote:Can't wait to give Cheltenham a hammering though!!!

You are obviously dull minded and have limited knowledge of football and especially how fantastic Cheltenham have been in the last 12 months. We are not a team that gets "hammered" very easily with one of the best defences in this division.
Chelt Head

Postby Garawa » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:16 pm

I agree. But then the same could be about us given that we have conceded once in 3 games at home and scored 4 in each of them. This will be our sternest test and we won't win them all but on current form it hard to bet against a home win. The points we have dropped have been when clear at the top and here we are clear again so I would be happy with a point.

Garawa

Next

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION