cracking game

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

cracking game

Postby Kezz » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:09 pm

Well 2nd half. 1st half thought it could've gone either way but 2nd half we were a different class!
Fab. Enjoyable football to watch! Good to see Barcham got a standing ovation when he was subbed after certain members of the crowd booed him! I didn't think that was necessary.

So who do we want next? I'm happy with anyone as long as we're home!
Kezz

Re: cracking game

Postby lidbid46 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:03 pm

A strange crowd today I thought. I was surrounded by people I didn't recognise, yet they were very vocal in their criticism of anything that went slightly wrong, especially in the first half. I heard 'lump it forward,' and 'get it to Kedwell,' which would have been pointless as he was still on the bench at that time! It is always good to have new fans, but today many of them seemed more interested in what was under the RE; chips, beer and toilets; than what was happening on the pitch!
And I agree about Barcham - he always gave everything on the pitch and when he left he went to a bigger club, so can not be faulted for that. I was happy to stand and join in the ovation when he was subbed, especially as we were three nill up!!
lidbid46

Postby Garawa » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:49 pm

Very bizarre Lidbid, sounds like they have never been before. They will learned when they come more often, ha ha.

Commanding second half really. We have dispatched 3 League 1 sides now comfotably in the last 2 seasons which further makes me think we can cut it in the league above.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:58 pm

Cutting it in Division One I don't think will be a problem , I just hope we can get out of it with back to back promotions. Looking at the present Divisions 1 and 2 man there is nothing really exciting about them, I guess Coventry, PNE, Portsmouth, Sheffield but then you look at the Championship and dam thats the old First Division I used to see in days gone by.
Hope Mr S is thinking big time again and makes funds available at Christmas and next summer to get us to the almost top division again, good cup run would help, PNE gates have been round the 9/10,000 mark this year, although against Yeovil yesterday were only 5000, guess the Magic of the Cup does not runneth over in Preston.
gillsfan1066

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION