Brackley (A) FA Cup Replay

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Brackley (A) FA Cup Replay

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:14 pm

Tomorrow we Play Brackley in the FA Cup Replay.They drew 0-0 at home to Leek yesterday,but will probably raise their performance again,so it will be a tough game.With the game being on BT Sport the neutrals will be hoping for a Cup upset.We will have Fagan,Hewitt,Harriman,Gregory,and Kedwell missing for the game,so we will have to play a different Team to yesterday.Im looking forward to the game,but quite nervous aswell as this is a banana skin again.Dack`s goal turned out to be very important in earning us this replay on TV,and probably the signings we made this week.A win would get us another £18,000 which would help more,and a trip to Macclesfield in the second round.

Team? Lee/or Mousinho will play at RB,Akinfenwa will replace Kedwell.

Nelson
Lee,Legge,Barrett,Martin
Whelpdale,Mousinho,Dack,Weston
Akinfenwa,McDonald

Subs:Howard,Davies,McKain,Carter,Nyafli,Hessenthaler,German
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Re: Brackley (A) FA Cup Replay

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:15 pm

They don't have a recognized keeper to put between the sticks. Their keeper is not able to play due to a red card earlier in the month, and the were unable to bring someone in in time to be Cup eligible, so some outfielder with limited experience starts between the pipes starts.
Easy win for the Mighty Gills now even without their Cup tied players, hope they are all getting plenty of shooting practice today, anything from 30 yards out kick it ,cross it , thump it at their goal. Big win Monday night, going to get a few bucks on Gills scoring at least 3 , maybe 4 , MAYBE MORE, lol.
gillsfan1066

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:09 pm

Their keeper has been unemployed for about 18 months, perhaps his wife and 6 month old son have been keeping in him shape shooting nerf balls at him in their front room.
I guess we certainly took the shots, had the possession, and failed miserably. What can you say ? Anyone on here went to the game ?
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:17 pm

18 shots off target, THAT says it all! An inexperienced keeper and how did we test him? By firing balls over his bar! Dack's "goal" seems to be well onside so it should have ended 1-1 but really we had the chances to put this well out of sight and just didn't do it.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Snackboyslim » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:31 pm

Got to say, we were unlucky, as mentioned Garawa, Dacks 'goal' was just that. We domintated, but couldn't put the ball in the net.

Ya know what...

Not too bothered to be honest. Maccs away is not ideal. If the winner of that match were to draw a Liverpool or Man U away(v unlikely, more like a preston or Oxford away), then I will be more dissapointed (though where the 'income' would be invested is arguable). Even had us going out in the 3rd round re Noircat league.

We so need to stay up this season, great result against the blades.. no romance this season but who cares, we had more than enough last season, maybe with our performances last 3rd of last season, we were spoiled. With that in mind- Stay up, concentrate on the league.. best of luck to Brackley.
Last edited by Snackboyslim on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snackboyslim

Postby lidbid46 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:33 pm

This is really depressing. I actually thought we played reasonably well, although an alien would have found it difficult to choose which was the league team. Yes we hit the post and had a seemingly OK goal disallowed but why can't we put away a team like Brackely comfortably over 190ish minutes? Taylor seemed really cross at the end when the dressing room was shown, but I'm struggling to think which of the players in the attacking part of the pitch have the ability to do more than they did? The only thing that might cheer me up is the thought of the players who didn't play today and I think tonight showed how much we need Keds in the side for every match. Beyo is simply not up to it anymore. Defensively however, what the hell was going on? Nelson looked shakier than I have ever seen him before, Legge, (and I'm a big fan of his), was awful and the others seemed disinterested. The midfield just didn't work either - Lee seems a shadow of his formal self at the moment. So we were unlucky, but that is beside the point. We conceded in both games against non-league players and we only scored once, instead of the six or seven we should score in that time against such opposition. Good luck to Brackley; I'm fed up with watching us lose to non - league opposition, (is it three times in the last 10 years or something?), and I want to see us win a match comfortably. Is that too much to ask?!!
lidbid46

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:03 am

The great Merlin has looked into the future, Brackley Town, beat Macc'sfld 2-1 and go on to draw Wigan, while GFC play catch up trying to escape the relegation zone, and unless Scally keeps bringing in Rent- a -Players between now and April it will be a long, long season. Players we have got under permanent contract obviously just are not good enough for First Division football.
gillsfan1066

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:54 pm

I`m really disappointed,and hurt about going out last night.I thought we got out of jail in the first game as Brackley fully deserved to win.I was more confident last night that we would do enough to get through,but like the first game we started nervously which gave Brackley the chance to go at us.They had been at work all day this time,and they came at us really quick again.We gave the ball away early on sloppily,and we nearly conceded a comedy goal when Legge headed back to Nelson,but Nelson already came off his line and had to quickly run back and stop it going in.We did have a good spell before half-time and we had an unfair goal from Dack ruled out,when he looked just onside.If the goal had counted I think we would have gained the confidence and got the win.We started the second half at 100mph Martin hit the post with a great strike that beat the keeper.Weston who had a good game as he should against Conference North players,beat their right back a number of times and put in dangerous crosses.Whelpdale looked like he would certainly score,but his shot was more of a chip when he should have smashed the ball.It was a good period from us,and I said that we need to score in this spell as it wont last all game.It went quiet for a while,but we did have a great chance to score but their keeper made a good save.Then Lee had a header that looked in,but it was some how cleared away.Whelpdale hit the post late on,but that was it we were out.

Congratulations to Brackley whe played brilliantly in both games,I hope they go on and beat Macclesfield and get a big Cup draw.But it is embarrassing to not beat a Conference North side over two games,especially when their players had been at work all day.We didn`t have the luck,but we still could not score more than one goal in two games against them.I always want a non league Team in the FA Cup,but I hope not for a few years as it hurts too much when you lose.Thank god I am in London on the 7th December when the second round games take place,as we will have a free week that week.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Rimshot » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:30 pm

I agree KFG, it's an indictment of the club that so many are just writing this off as 'another' banana skin. We should have been looking at Brackley/Macclesfield as a straightforward route to the possibility of a big payday, instead of which we are meekly accepting another defeat at the hands of part-timers, has-beens and kids.
All credit to Brackley I suppose but once again we are a football league laughing stock.
Rimshot

Postby Garawa » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:33 pm

I thought they had used up all their luck in the first game and wasted the only chance they would get. OOoops. Never quite understand why we ALWAYS look so poor when we are the favourites, is that psychologist still at the club???!!!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Next

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION