Scunthorpe

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Re: Scunthorpe

Postby Robpthegills » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:04 pm

I am not going on saturday. My son is moving out to a new flat this week, and I have too much to do over the weekend to take time out for the cup game.

However TUESDAY.....

I have done my bit for Tuesday. I have brought 6 adult tickets and 2 childrens tickets. Out of those 4 adults havent been to see the gills in over 10 years. I have urged them to try it again and forget their old dislikes of scally for a bit and see what football we now play....

So PLEASE lets have a good show under the floodlights on tuesday, with the ticket deals it should be another good gate. Keep doing these deals till february then people will come anyway regardless of the prices as they will want to see us steamroller the division.
Robpthegills

Postby Elgrande » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:14 pm

It's a shame the Cup has no magic anymore. I love a cup run, a bit of possible glory, knockout football and a chance to play sides from different levels. As for the matchday prices, they are great, but for me it is the whole experience and that is not cheap and public transport links at night are rubbish!
Elgrande

Postby Goalmouth » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:45 am

I agree Elg, I love the FA Cup, but previously it's been a welcome diversion from mediocre league form. I might be a bit concerned this season should we get to round three and draw a big team, because last year we were going well around Christmas, then we lost to Stoke and the good league form disappeared. The form we are in this year could help us make some money from a cup run. Oh to be back in the championship and only enter the FA Cup in the third round.
Goalmouth

Postby Garawa » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:18 am

I do like the chance to see a weird team like the MET Police though (Crawley had better be on their best behaviour for once this weekend). Of course there is always the chance of Burscough!

I'm looking forward to this weekend. I don't think the defeat by Middlesborough did us any harm in the League Cup and the chance to add some money to the coffers with a cup run could come in very handy next season if we have spent our windfall getting out of League 2 this season. Of course it can lead to an away trip to Old Trafford worth more than possibly 2 successive promotions!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:18 pm

I hic, I fort, I say I fort I drunk to my much booze at my at my a lick liquid lunch hic, but I dont fink I drunked enuff to under understand, what is writing here I am ,I say I am am comp completely lost in this conve comerversation.
gillsfan1066

Postby Robpthegills » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:35 pm

I love cup runs too, but life is not as easy for me now as it was when I was young and didnt have so much to do.

I have to help my son move flat, my daughter get her house finished and I can only do it on the weekends as i work long hours during the week.

I wont lie and say I wont be a glory hunter if we beat scunthorpe and get a big team later on, of course I would want to be there. We all have our reasons why we dont get too some games.
Robpthegills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Good guys 3 the others 1. Scunny could not hit a barn door from 10 paces and their away form is 'oribble. Welcome to the New and Improved 2012/13 GFC the team who take your place next spring.
Would love a cup run, something to take the pressure off the daily grind for the players, I hope we get to the 3rd round and draw a Big team away, am I correct we get 33% of the gate money as the home or away team in the Cup ? 33% of a 30,000+ gate would be nice.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:18 pm

Brian Laws is back as manager for them though, we all know how teams perform under a new manager especially an iconic one for them. And Andy Barcham (if he plays) is almost certain to score.

That said, on paper this should be a home banker given that really there is only 3 places between the sides on the league ladder and I see no reason not to progress to Round 2.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby brb » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:37 pm

Connor Essam is back at Priestfield and available for tomorrow.
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
brb

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:07 am

Thought he was the Blue Eyed Boy last year, what happened ?
gillsfan1066

PreviousNext

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION