What a mess the Gills are in.

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

What a mess the Gills are in.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:01 am

The Gills gave signed a forward Scott Kashket, who in 8 years and a 146 league games has scored 24 goals . He should be good for 5 or 6 this year. A new keeper arrives,one that has never played a League game in any English division in his life. He will go well with our Dover Academy keeper Titicaca ,or is that a Lake in South America ? I guess they will go well with our other new signing Dominic Jefferies who has also never played a league game for any club in his life.
Thankfully We have signed Shawn Williams who hopefully at 35 years old will help the young players at least know where to stand for the kick off. I am very surprised that the only REAL game we have preseason is against Portsmouth,the rest of the pre-season games are against the likes of Ramsgate,Dover Southend,(which division are they in now ? ) , I always fear that games against these teams often end with injured Gills players,after all teams like Dover (which division are they in now ?) or Ramsgate love to beat a team like the Gills even if we are in the 4th division,oh good grief how hard is that to have to admit.
gillsfan1066

Re: What a mess the Gills are in.

Postby Garawa » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:36 pm

I'm not too worried but if we have been holding out to announce players until their contracts expire, we need to do so NOW! We have a few trialists which we have named which is unusual but it does feel like we have signed back up players and will expect a couple of key signings soon as any initial wage demands get reduced as the season draws closer. With just 3 weeks until the season gets started, they need to get in soon so that they get a good preseason under their belts.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby bunburygills » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:22 am

I still can't see why the Gills wouldn't be a good investment for a moderately rich millionaire. They'd have to be cheaper now they're in the fourth division, they have a good catchment area if they were successful and no competition for miles around. I thought they would have been more attractive than a team like Bournemouth was when they were taken over. Not now of course, but they could have been us. Come on Gillsfan, where's your money, get investing.
bunburygills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:26 am

Sorry can't help you there, I bought a tank full of gas , and filled the fridge with food , plus my investments in the Sydney property market maybe was not the best idea I ever had. Anyone interested in spending a couple of weeks scuba driving from the top windows of a nice house in the McGraths Hill suburb ?
I actually think Gillingham are almost past there sell by date, Scally has run the team into the ground, I don't see a player on the team who we could actually sell and get anything in return. I think there have probably been enquiries into buying the team over the years ,but my guess is Scally would sell the team, but NOT the ground,he would want to rent it to the new owner. I could not imagine anyone in their right mind wanting to get involved in a business with the Scally family. In my humble opinion I think he tries to run GFC as if he is still on the Old Kent Road flogging used copiers, how the hell do you forget to pay the Tax Man,unless of course you got away with it for years in the past in another business ? Just thinking out loud,not accusing anyone of doing anything illegal.
gillsfan1066

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:25 am

The Gills sign another player in Elkan Baggot that's never played more than a game or two for the parent club, what the hell is the point ?? Are we planning for the future, when we sign them on a permanent contract next year ? Well if we are WAKE UP EVERYONE,there isn't going to be one if we only score 37 goals again this season ,which will put us in the National League for the 23/24 season . I can not for the life of me with 20 days to go before the season starts see why 2022 /23 will be any different from last season ?
gillsfan1066

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:21 pm

The team we had last year was crap, we all know that, but we don't seem to have bought anyone worth having in, did we lose any of the first team over the summer or are we basically starting with the same 11 that finished last season ? The Gills were second favorites in the betting lines for promotion when I bet the farm on them, there down to midtable with the red hot favorites, Bradford ,who have bought in a ship load of good players under newish manager Mark Hughes ,taking one of the top three places in the promotion predictions along with Stockport and Salford . Come on Scally get your finger out of your backside and bring in some players ,don't wait until the season starts and get the players no one else wants.
gillsfan1066

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:45 am

I didn't realize we had lost Oliver, but good news at last Mikael MANDRAKE has come back to his roots to play for the Gills,and he is going to be playing alongside the Capital of Uzbekistan, Tash here in Kent. Well done the Gills, finally a PROPER SIGNING I hope more to come . Maybe Eaves will leave Rotherham when they get relegated next year?
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:07 pm

I think Lee in his preferred position will look decent at League 2 level. I still think that Lloyd will get fit, be out of a club and accept a reduced contract offered by us. With those behind Mandron and co, and with what appears to be good service from wide from Green and MacDonald, we do look like we could cause some problems. STAY FIT, that surely is the key!!!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION