Champions!!

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Champions!!

Postby lidbid46 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:40 pm

Happy to be first here to congratulate everyone on a fantastic championship winning season! As usual, it wasn't easy today - not quite sure what was happening for the last 20 mins, but the feeling at the end was amazing and I'm so glad I was there to see it. Hope everyone has a great evening, but don't forget to drink responsibly!!
lidbid46

Re: Champions!!

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:57 pm

Well done everyone, have a great evening, nice to know we now have 2 chunks of silverware in the display case. Read the first half , 2 nil up and it seemed The Wombles had hardly seen the ball, so no worries .
Came back with a few minutes to go and we were under pressure, score was 2-2, but anyway that's a discussion for another day, for now it's time to sit back have a drink and reflect on a great season. Well done one and all, crowd of over 11,000, that must have been fantastic.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:56 am

Last 20 Lidbid? Thought they could have gone in front after only 5 minutes of the second half!! Typical Gills, totally dominant in the first with the opposition looking dejected and not getting a look in and it was the same in the second half - only it the visitors that had control!

As it was, we could have lost 50-0 and wouldn't have mattered. A totally amazing day all round, loads of fun after and just have to find a way of keeping the feeling going! Lets hope we can relax, have fun at Burton and go into the new season on an unbeaten run.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:24 pm

A game of two halves,and it was never going to be easy as it is Gills! Like Gary says all that stress and it would never have mattered anyway as Port Vale were never in the lead! It was a fantastic feeling at the end of the game and to hear Gills are Champions.Watching the stage being put up was something I never expected to see as a Gills fan.Congratulations to Allen and all his staff and the players on winning our first Title for years.Allen will always be a legend at Gills for winning the League with us.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Rimshot » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:33 am

I'm old enough to remember the last championship win although I think we clinched that on goal average as it was then called ? Anyway,yesterday was the first time I've seen us win one so that makes it very special. Thanks to RobP and his mate for the ticket, a shame I had a long drive back as I would dearly have liked to sink a few celebratory drinks.
My championship winner's flag now adorns the door to my office in defiance of the motley crew of Wolves, Chelski, Liverpool and Stanley fans. Up the Gills !!
Rimshot

Postby bananaman » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:04 am

Awesome day never in doubt. Voice still not back hope all you made most of it.
#baconrituals
#Champions by christmas
bananaman

Postby Robpthegills » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Great day, truly great day. Still not sunk in even now
Robpthegills

Postby Garawa » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:33 pm

Wish that feeling could last forever! A bit like the first time...........well, thats not for discussing on here! ;-)

I had to queue to get in the Cricketers! Queue, thought there was a load of women waiting to use the loo! Even though I did eventually get in and saw Snackboy, I didn't get to wish you happy birthday in person Bananaman and thank-you for helping to organise the campaign for raising the roof as it had a massive impact!

It was great going into the Blues Bar after as the noise was really loud, had goosebumps when the live band played "We are the champions"!

Does anyone know if the club prints names on shirts previously bought? I think "Champs 13" might make the shirt pretty timeless!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION