No votes
Cody McDonald
17%
Luke Norris
No votes

Total votes : 6

Player of the year

Postby Garawa » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:31 am

It must be the time when the club sends out the player of the year sheets so who would you pick? For me our best form has coincided with Bradley Dack's so he gets my vote. With a decent goal tally Cody McDonald would be up there too and John Egan has been superb although perhaps he hasn't helped secure as many clean sheets as he might have liked.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Player of the year

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:48 pm

I voted for Egan today in the Club shop.He has been consistent throughout the whole season.For young player I voted for Dack who has been fantastic since the gang of four put him in his best position of behind the front two,and he looks a 10 goal player a season now.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:35 pm

I have voted for John Egan, who has been very consistent for Gillingham throughout this season, and you have to give Peter Taylor credit for convincing John Egan to sign for Gillingham when Huddersfield Town and Blackburn Rovers were looking to sign John Egan in the summer.
fan_of_mulligan

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Mon May 04, 2015 10:49 am

John Egan won player of the year last night,while Bradley Dack won young player of the year.Dack won three awards altogether including one from Mems.McGlashan won the Chairman`s Cup,and Norris won goal of the season.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Garawa » Mon May 04, 2015 6:10 pm

What is the Chairman's cup? And I've never understood what the away player of the year award is. Was it voted for by visiting chairman as I doubt the fans were asked on the way out!!

Garawa

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Mon May 04, 2015 6:38 pm

Garawa wrote:What is the Chairman's cup? And I've never understood what the away player of the year award is. Was it voted for by visiting chairman as I doubt the fans were asked on the way out!!

The Chairman`s Cup is Paul Scally`s choice as the best player.I`m not sure how the away player award works.

Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Garawa » Mon May 04, 2015 6:40 pm

They are all quite similar and a clean sweep is possible a lot of the time......unless he picks a player that wasn't going to win in the other categories!

Garawa

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Tue May 05, 2015 7:48 pm

I voted for John Egan as Gillingham's Player Of The Season and Bradley Dack for Young Player Of The Season so I am not surprised to see both players pick up those respective awards.

Goal Of The Season was tough and I voted for Cody McDonald's goal against Bristol City in The Football League Trophy, but I can see why Luke Norris has won the award because his goal against Sheffield United was a sensational strike.

I know that when I traveled on The GISC, They used to do there on Away Player Of The Year Award and this award isn't the same as the one mentioned here, as Pam, Neil and Brian would go to The Training Ground and handout that trophy to that particular player, I think Cody McDonald would have to be in contention for The Away Player Of The Year Award, two goals against Swindon and two goals against Leyton Orient, but especially the two goals against Swindon Town, because both goals Cody McDonald scored on that night were exceptional.
fan_of_mulligan

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Fri May 08, 2015 1:47 pm

John Egan has paid tribute to his Dad after winning the player of the year award.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/spor ... his-36559/

Kent_UckyFriedGills

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION