Colin Coates - Guffie

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Colin Coates - Guffie

Postby CadburyMan » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:15 pm

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that one of our ex-pat supporters, Colin Coates who used to post on the old board under the name of Guffie, sadly passed away on Tuesday morning.

All those who met him either in person or in the cyberspace of the various message boards will acknowledge that he was one of the "good" guys and will be greatly missed by all.
CadburyMan

Re: Colin Coates - Guffie

Postby Poshgill » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:39 pm

I got to know Guffie through the message board and we met on several occasions and kept in touch with text messages etc. It is fair to say that he was a lovely man. An avid Gills fan and a hard-working family man. He had a wickedly funny sense of humour and he will be sadly missed by all that knew him. I will remember forever the final away match of the season at Blackpool a few seasons back when lots of boardsters met up. It was a great weekend.

RIP Guffie.
Poshgill

Postby Snackboyslim » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:22 am

Life is so precious.

Let us hope he'll be looking down on us winning the league, he'd no doubt had loved that.
Snackboyslim

Postby Mooke » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:05 am

Desperately sorry to hear of Guffie's passing, epecially as this season is looking like it will be one for the books, and like all of us, he would have been excited by progress.

Such sad news.
Mooke

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION