22 points

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

22 points

Postby Garawa » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:20 am

I don't think anyone needs the points situation put into context but in case you aren't aware, the number of points we have now after 8 games is twice the number we had last season. On top of that, after 8 games last season the side at the top of the table was Morecambe and they had mustered only 17 points whilst the eventual champions (Swindon) had only 12!

Quite astonishing!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: 22 points

Postby Robpthegills » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:14 am

It is astonishing Gary.

I am starting to get that we are invincible at priestfield back which I havent had since pulis's first year. If we beat rochdale next week it will be just scary.

I know we must not get carried away, but if you cannot enjoy the good times then whats the point. I thought it was funny that the kit man was sent to do the post
match interview.

Red Army Red Army Red Army...................wow, I would have been shot for saying that when i was a teenager in the Navy.
Robpthegills

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:15 pm

I cannot believe the start we have had,to get 22 points from a possible 24 is an excellent achievement.I would have been happy with three points from Southend and Port Vale,but to get six and two clean sheets from both,and three clean sheets from our last three games is fantastic.All these results with changes being made in each game shows how strong our squad is.

Hopefully on Saturday we can get over 5,000 and make a fantastic atmosphere against Rochdale.Here is my blog on Priestfield being the 12th man....http://kfg2003.posterous.com/the-12th-m ... difference
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby lidbid46 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:22 pm

I think only 4 goals against is the key - least amount of goals against in the division when last year we had the most. Long may that continue!
lidbid46

Postby Poshgill » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:59 pm

And the thing is, we don't look like conceding. Vale were top scores in the football league and yet we never really looked threatened. We scored 2 goals and then closed the game out. It was very professional and, encouragingly, if we play like that all season, we won't drop many points. Martin Allen would not have been my 1st choice as manager but this humble pie tastes very nice!
Poshgill

Postby Rimshot » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:44 pm

Life is sweet.Several large slices of humble pie being eaten over Martin Allen too, however it would be churlish to dwell on that. What I really like is the bravery of his team selection and the obvious study he makes of the oppo before a game. So different from Hess's approach.
Rimshot

Postby Garawa » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:25 pm

I just really hope that when it changes, and it will as this cannot continue, most of the fans remember what we are capable of and not turn. We do sometimes spoil ourselves with the good times we have. Having never experienced this before I shall savour every moment. If it were to end in a championship, I may need a sofa for the night somewhere, not Chicago's place though!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION