Jamie Cumming recalled

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Jamie Cumming recalled

Postby Garawa » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:57 pm

Cumming has been recalled by Chelsea and loaned to MK Dons. That's a huge blow as he's grown into games and has saved the most shots in the top 4 divisions. I don't think Chapman is quite a replacement and so Lovell's first test is to secure a keeper we do t have to contribute wages to as per the terms of the embargo.

By the way, Bonham had saved the most shots in the division when with us for 2 seasons in a row and now Cumming making us the easiest side to shoot against for 3 in 4 seasons. Despite bringing in a plethora of midfielders, how weak must our midfield be to allow that consistently?
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Jamie Cumming recalled

Postby CadburyMan » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:42 pm

Gary

I'm fed up with all this good news : don't you have any bad news for a change ?
CadburyMan

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:23 pm

Mr.G, THEY CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH, you keep giving it to us straight Sir like a good firm........ tulip stem,were strong enough not to need to be wrapped in cotton wool,tell it like it is, Gillingham FC is a hot pile of steaming horse poop. WHY are we still under some sort of embargo, in May Scally announced to the world that our Financial Accounts had been submitted, late because of Covid testing, but I would suggest really late because he was cooking the books, who said that ? There owned by a guy who just because of the way he did business for many years CAN'T FOLLOW THE BASIC RULES OF OWNING A TEAM. The clown thinks everything should be done his way, after all the FA have only been around since 1863 and like it or not,I honestly feel that they are not going to take shoe shine from the likes of a tin pot owner like Scally ,who year after year seems to bring grief into the old boys network of footie club owners,he picks fights with players,other owners, jjeeezz it's crazy He is one of the reasons that the FA seem to almost seem to want two divisions in football, and we would not be in one of them.
I had to laugh that in a Covid year he gave himself a pay rise of 46,000 quid, everyone else was going down the tube but he was still getting his 4,000+ quid a week,that to me just shows what a greedy money grabbing I don't care about anyone else person he is. and of course they paid back the directors interest on a 1.8 million pound loan,the directors included Max Scally and Angel Scally, lol, I am sure Daddy was on their doorsteps the next morning saying you know that money I loaned you when the directors loaned the club that money, give it back to Daddy now please, thankyou.
As for Evans I thought we were going to get the fire and brimstone take no prisoners Evans, we got the version where he decided that he was no longer happy being Robert the Bruce , he turned out to be Stevie Dumpling prancing around in a tutu in a RuPaul Drag Show with his 20 strong backup band THE MIDFIELDERS. Sure every now and again he got up and threw his pacifier at the ref,that gave the opersissions fans a laugh.
Why I am I getting high blood pressure over GFC, like you say Mr.G ,here comes Stevie L to the rescue,I bet he does a better job in this second half of the season than Evans did in the first, God I hope so.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:17 pm

I think Evans was either going to be his usual self and the fireworks with Scally would spell disaster or he would recognise how close he came several times to never working again and simmer down. I think he met his match in Scally!

Anyway, positive news and Cumming is replaced by Pontus Dahlberg, a Swedish International who played for IFK Gothenberg so those gloves have been filled nicely. And today's starting lineup looks like we are actually playing midfielders in midfield and have a subs bench with decent options on it rather than a bunch of kids. Great time to stop the rot and get much needed 3 points.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION